Internet Explorer 8

RBMC

Internet Explorer 8
To start, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (service pack 2) with
Internet Explorer 8 on an Quad Core Q6600 based machine.

The problem I'm having is, IE 8 every ten minutes on the dot will stall for
20 to 25 seconds and say (Not Responding).

This started 2 weeks ago right after I updated via Windows Update and that
update included IE 8 and it has been stalling like that ever since.

Before I get the usual answers, like Did Ya try it with (No Add-Ons) and
(Reset IE Settings)? Did ya check for spyware? Did ya try re-installing IE 8?
and all the other bunch of Hoooey. Yes, I have tried EVERYTHING under the
sun (short of a total re-install of the OS) in the last 2 weeks and NOTHING
has worked.

The reason I have finally brought this here to this Discussion Group is,
after reading through thousands of pages and complaints on this subject,
(don't believe me, Bing it) it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM throughout the
Windows community that Microsoft itself needs to address and soon.

I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
problem arose, was soon if not right after a Windows Update was done, so this
leads me to believe that the problem is from Microsoft itself.

I hope that someone worth their salt at Microsoft sees this note and takes
action to resolve this ANNOYING PROBLEM. It's not a big enough problem that
would make me jump over to an Apple but it is problem's like this, that have
me scratching my head and saying hhmmmm, maybe???

RBMC
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 8
If IE 8 is to blame...why don't I have that problem? Not on Windows XP,
not on Windows 7. My Dad (he's 78) doesn't have any trouble with IE 8
either. Not on his desktop and not on his laptop.

I wonder why?

BTW: I just Bing'ed "flat earth society" and got 8,060,000 hits. Maybe
the earth really is flat after all. Someone from NASA really needs to
look into this.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

RBMC wrote:
> To start, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (service pack 2) with
> Internet Explorer 8 on an Quad Core Q6600 based machine.
>
> The problem I'm having is, IE 8 every ten minutes on the dot will stall for
> 20 to 25 seconds and say (Not Responding).
>
> This started 2 weeks ago right after I updated via Windows Update and that
> update included IE 8 and it has been stalling like that ever since.
>
> Before I get the usual answers, like Did Ya try it with (No Add-Ons) and
> (Reset IE Settings)? Did ya check for spyware? Did ya try re-installing IE 8?
> and all the other bunch of Hoooey. Yes, I have tried EVERYTHING under the
> sun (short of a total re-install of the OS) in the last 2 weeks and NOTHING
> has worked.
>
> The reason I have finally brought this here to this Discussion Group is,
> after reading through thousands of pages and complaints on this subject,
> (don't believe me, Bing it) it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM throughout the
> Windows community that Microsoft itself needs to address and soon.
>

> I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
> and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
> Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
> problem arose, was soon if not right after a Windows Update was done, so this
> leads me to believe that the problem is from Microsoft itself.
>
> I hope that someone worth their salt at Microsoft sees this note and takes
> action to resolve this ANNOYING PROBLEM. It's not a big enough problem that
> would make me jump over to an Apple but it is problem's like this, that have
> me scratching my head and saying hhmmmm, maybe???
>
> RBMC

Re: Internet Explorer 8
> This started 2 weeks ago right after I updated via Windows Update and that
> update included IE 8 and it has been stalling like that ever since

in the background when you installed IE8 and/or SP2?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

> I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
> and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
> Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
> problem arose...

Do you all reside in the same area and do you all connect using the same ISP
and/or node?

RBMC wrote:
> To start, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (service pack 2) with
> Internet Explorer 8 on an Quad Core Q6600 based machine.
>
> The problem I'm having is, IE 8 every ten minutes on the dot will stall
> for
> 20 to 25 seconds and say (Not Responding).
>
> This started 2 weeks ago right after I updated via Windows Update and that
> update included IE 8 and it has been stalling like that ever since.
>
> Before I get the usual answers, like Did Ya try it with (No Add-Ons) and
> (Reset IE Settings)? Did ya check for spyware? Did ya try re-installing IE
> 8? and all the other bunch of Hoooey. Yes, I have tried EVERYTHING under
> the sun (short of a total re-install of the OS) in the last 2 weeks and
> NOTHING has worked.
>
> The reason I have finally brought this here to this Discussion Group is,
> after reading through thousands of pages and complaints on this subject,
> (don't believe me, Bing it) it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM throughout the
> Windows community that Microsoft itself needs to address and soon.
>

> I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
> and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
> Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
> problem arose, was soon if not right after a Windows Update was done, so
> this leads me to believe that the problem is from Microsoft itself.
>
> I hope that someone worth their salt at Microsoft sees this note and takes
> action to resolve this ANNOYING PROBLEM. It's not a big enough problem
> that
> would make me jump over to an Apple but it is problem's like this, that
> have
> me scratching my head and saying hhmmmm, maybe???
>
> RBMC

VanguardLH

Re: Internet Explorer 8
RBMC wrote:

> To start, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (service pack 2) with
> Internet Explorer 8 on an Quad Core Q6600 based machine.
>
> The problem I'm having is, IE 8 every ten minutes on the dot will stall
> for 20 to 25 seconds and say (Not Responding).

Reboot Windows into its Safe Mode (with networking). Load IE8 in its no
add-ons mode. Problem still happen?

> The reason I have finally brought this here to this Discussion Group is,
> after reading through thousands of pages and complaints on this subject,
> (don't believe me, Bing it) it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM throughout the
> Windows community that Microsoft itself needs to address and soon.

On the 53 custom-built hosts and 14 pre-built hosts used in our Alpha Lab
that are running Windows XP or Vista along with IE8, none have encountered
the problem that you describe. I've heard of no one in our QA or Dev
groups complaining about the same problem. Obviously it will be a wide
spread problem if you limit the scope of the community used as your sample
to only those that have this problem.

And what might be the URL from the search that you used to find this
claimed pervasive problem?

> I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
> and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
> Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
> problem arose, was soon if not right after a Windows Update was done, so
> this leads me to believe that the problem is from Microsoft itself.

Oh, so this widespread community consists of users all on the same subnet
using the same trunk station from the same ISP (hint hint).

> It's not a big enough problem that would make me jump over to an Apple but
> it is problem's like this, that have me scratching my head and saying
> hhmmmm, maybe???

Which is always an obviously vacuous threat since no user making that
threat is scaring any user here in Usenet, isn't going to affect
Microsoft's revenue, and so rarely happens that it's a childish threat.
RBMC

Re: Internet Explorer 8
I don't care about your silly little quips back at me, what I am looking for
is an answer to my problem, this is a Discussion Group for people looking for
solutions to problems, so if you're are not going to post a probable solution
don't bother writing anything whatsoever.

I'm have Computer Associates Security Center, which I have tried everything
with , disableing it, re-installing it and the problem still exists. Also my
neighbor is running McAfee, My Mom is running Norton and my brother that
lives half way across the country has the same exact problem running on two
computers also.

I have tried anti-spyware, I have ran Ca Antispyware, Ad Aware, Malware
Bytes, Spybot Search & Destroy and all found NOTHING malicious. I have tried
System Restore, rolling back to IE7 and nothing has worked.

So my reasoning behind pointing the finger at Microsoft, is, because
everyone of the computers with this problem arose right after an Update via
Windows Updates.

I now personally know of 11 Windows based computers with this problem, so if
your computer(s) don't have this problem, GREAT for you, mine does and so do
countless others, just look at the blogs and forums.

I know it's your right to, but as I stated before, please don't respond in
anyway whatsoever if you don't have a solution to this problem.

RBMC

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> RBMC wrote:
>
> > To start, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (service pack 2) with
> > Internet Explorer 8 on an Quad Core Q6600 based machine.
> >
> > The problem I'm having is, IE 8 every ten minutes on the dot will stall
> > for 20 to 25 seconds and say (Not Responding).

> Reboot Windows into its Safe Mode (with networking). Load IE8 in its no
> add-ons mode. Problem still happen?
>
> > The reason I have finally brought this here to this Discussion Group is,
> > after reading through thousands of pages and complaints on this subject,
> > (don't believe me, Bing it) it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM throughout the
> > Windows community that Microsoft itself needs to address and soon.

> On the 53 custom-built hosts and 14 pre-built hosts used in our Alpha Lab
> that are running Windows XP or Vista along with IE8, none have encountered
> the problem that you describe. I've heard of no one in our QA or Dev
> groups complaining about the same problem. Obviously it will be a wide
> spread problem if you limit the scope of the community used as your sample
> to only those that have this problem.
>
> And what might be the URL from the search that you used to find this
> claimed pervasive problem?
>
> > I have personally seen this on "8" Windows based computer's one of my own
> > and the others being family members and neighbors computers, running with
> > Windows 7, Windows Vista, with IE 7, IE 8 and in every instance that this
> > problem arose, was soon if not right after a Windows Update was done, so
> > this leads me to believe that the problem is from Microsoft itself.

> Oh, so this widespread community consists of users all on the same subnet
> using the same trunk station from the same ISP (hint hint).
>
> > It's not a big enough problem that would make me jump over to an Apple but
> > it is problem's like this, that have me scratching my head and saying
> > hhmmmm, maybe???

> Which is always an obviously vacuous threat since no user making that
> threat is scaring any user here in Usenet, isn't going to affect
> Microsoft's revenue, and so rarely happens that it's a childish threat.
> .

Re: Internet Explorer 8
Gonna reply to my post with answers to my questions or do you just wanna
rant? =>
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e5af7b22dc1474

RBMC wrote:
<snip>
> I'm have Computer Associates Security Center, which I have tried
> everything
> with , disableing it, re-installing it and the problem still exists. Also
> my
> neighbor is running McAfee, My Mom is running Norton and my brother that
> lives half way across the country has the same exact problem running on
> two
> computers also...

VanguardLH

Re: Internet Explorer 8
RBMC wrote:

> I don't care about your silly little quips back at me, what I am looking for
> is an answer to my problem, this is a Discussion Group for people looking for
> solutions to problems, so if you're are not going to post a probable solution
> don't bother writing anything whatsoever.

Oh, gee, don't like the tone that YOU set? Go reread your own post.

"Did Ya try ... and all the other bunch of Hoooey"
But you don't say WHAT of that "hoooey" you actually tried, if any. And
anything we add is just going to be more "hoooey". Yeah, always a good way
to entice help by insulting those from whom you ask help.

"I have tried EVERYTHING"
If that were true, no one can offer you any help since you tried it all.

"it is a WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM"
Makes a claim that isn't self-evident. Points a finger with no proof, just
a desparate blind guess.

"right after a Windows Update was done"
There's just one and only one update? No, there are lots of them. More
unguided finger pointing.

"hope that someone worth their salt at Microsoft sees this note"
This is Usenet (newsgroups), not a venue for free support at Microsoft.
What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp
When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities
or Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in a
newsgroup (Usenet).

"jump over to an Apple"
Just another vacuous threat thrown in as if it really mattered.

You got what you gave. Not being sure and stipulating that you are guessing
is okay but you didn't claim to be guessing at your finger pointing.

> I'm have Computer Associates Security Center, which I have tried everything
> with , disableing it, re-installing it and the problem still exists. Also my
> neighbor is running McAfee, My Mom is running Norton and my brother that
> lives half way across the country has the same exact problem running on two
> computers also.
>
> I have tried anti-spyware, I have ran Ca Antispyware, Ad Aware, Malware
> Bytes, Spybot Search & Destroy and all found NOTHING malicious. I have tried
> System Restore, rolling back to IE7 and nothing has worked.

So did the "I have tried EVERYTHING" in your first post include my first
suggestion? A bit difficult to know what is "everything" to you.

As yet, I don't see your "everything" including booting into Windows' safe
mode suggested earlier. Don't know if "everything" includes both resetting
and power cycling your router, if you have one (you never described your
network setup). Don't know if "everything" included power cycling your
dsl/cable modem.

> So my reasoning behind pointing the finger at Microsoft, is, because
> everyone of the computers with this problem arose right after an Update via
> Windows Updates.

And yet you cannot identify the supposed suspect update. It must be all
updates then, or any or them, or none. So how many updates did you receive
from Microsoft, Adobe, Sun, and other software vendors where you left
enabled their auto-update function between when the problem didn't exist to
when you first noticed it? If there is just one update for Windows, well,
you can unroll the update to see if the problem goes away.

What is seen in your post(s) is that you want to blame someone but haven't a
clue who is to blame, so pick an easy and undefended target.

> I now personally know of 11 Windows based computers with this problem,

And now your scenario changes to cover your previous claim. Focus on YOUR
problem. The claim of others is irrelevant because they have different
hosts with a different software configuration, different hardware, different
network devices and providers, and even different set of Windows updates.

> mine does and so do countless others, just look at the blogs and forums.

Oh yes, the ever vague They or Them without showing any proof thereof.

> I know it's your right to, but as I stated before,

Stated before WHERE? If you think you can dictate who replies and how they
reply then equally we get to decide whether you can even ask about your
problem. So in like vein, you can't post about your problem. Yeah, right.

> please don't respond in anyway whatsoever if you don't have a solution to
> this problem.

You really expect anyone to duck away from your virtual gun while making
demands as to what anyone can do in the anarchy known as Usenet?
Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa.

Since "everything" was not defined as to what really was included in your
previous troubleshooting attempts, anything that anyone mentions may
duplicate what you already tried, so anyone's "hoooey" could include:

- Reboot into Windows' Safe Mode (with networking) and run IE8 in its no
add-ons mode (already suggested in my prior post). Do BOTH, not just using
the no add-ons mode.

- Power cycle your networked devices. Press the reset button on the router
for 10 seconds. Power down the computer(s), router, and dsl/cable modem.
First power up the modem and wait for it to settle. Then power up the
router and wait until it is ready (usually pretty quick). Lastly power up
your computer. The point is you want the upstream DHCP server to be ready
when a downstream device wants to get an IP address.

- Did "everything" include UNINSTALLING your added security software (e.g.,
anti-virus, 3rd party firewall, anti-malware, anti-spam, HIPS [host
intrusion protection system] programs) and then rebooting (twice: once to
complete the unisntall and again to ensure all components of those programs
were gone and could no longer interfere with the operation of your host)?

- System Restore is not guaranteed to undo an update. Instead unroll the
installation of the update. Go into Add/Remove Programs, select to show
updates, and uninstall the update that you claim is the culprit (assuming
you even ever had one in mind), and then reboot and retest.
RBMC

Re: Internet Explorer 8
Now we're up to 35 and counting with PC's that freeze after Windows Updates.
My wifes whole office has this BUG after a Windows Update on friday.

How is this NOT a Microsoft Software problem, if after 35 PC's and counting
have this SAME exact issue after a Windows Update.

There's an old saying: If three people call ya a Horses Ass, ya better start
looking for a saddle. I think 35 and counting makes for a whole rodeo.