IE8--My toolbars disappear

Joe McGuire

IE8--My toolbars disappear
Not sure what happened or what I didause it but starting just a few minutes
ago the toolbars at the top of my IE8 screentotally disappear, along with
those on the bottom of the screen, including the system Tray and all the
icons to the left. If I hover my cursor at the top of the now-full-screen
IE8, some but not all the toolbars reappear (e.g., the command FIle and
related commands are now gone) until I move the cursor again. Then I get the
full screen view of whatever I am looking at in IE8. Highly annoying. Is
ther any way to fix this?

Re: IE8--My toolbars disappear
F11

Joe McGuire wrote:
> Not sure what happened or what I didause it but starting just a few
> minutes
> ago the toolbars at the top of my IE8 screentotally disappear, along with
> those on the bottom of the screen, including the system Tray and all the
> icons to the left. If I hover my cursor at the top of the now-full-screen
> IE8, some but not all the toolbars reappear (e.g., the command FIle and
> related commands are now gone) until I move the cursor again. Then I get
> the
> full screen view of whatever I am looking at in IE8. Highly annoying.
> Is
> ther any way to fix this?

Joe McGuire

Re: IE8--My toolbars disappear
Thanks! I knew there would be a simple answer!

> F11
>
> Joe McGuire wrote:
>> Not sure what happened or what I didause it but starting just a few
>> minutes
>> ago the toolbars at the top of my IE8 screentotally disappear, along with
>> those on the bottom of the screen, including the system Tray and all the
>> icons to the left. If I hover my cursor at the top of the
>> now-full-screen
>> IE8, some but not all the toolbars reappear (e.g., the command FIle and
>> related commands are now gone) until I move the cursor again. Then I get
>> the
>> full screen view of whatever I am looking at in IE8. Highly annoying.
>> Is
>> ther any way to fix this?

Joe McGuire

Re: IE8--My toolbars disappear
I must have accidentally hit F11 without realizing it!

> F11
>
> Joe McGuire wrote:
>> Not sure what happened or what I didause it but starting just a few
>> minutes
>> ago the toolbars at the top of my IE8 screentotally disappear, along with
>> those on the bottom of the screen, including the system Tray and all the
>> icons to the left. If I hover my cursor at the top of the
>> now-full-screen
>> IE8, some but not all the toolbars reappear (e.g., the command FIle and
>> related commands are now gone) until I move the cursor again. Then I get
>> the
>> full screen view of whatever I am looking at in IE8. Highly annoying.
>> Is
>> ther any way to fix this?

Re: IE8--My toolbars disappear
S*** happens. <wink>

Joe McGuire wrote:
> I must have accidentally hit F11 without realizing it!

>> F11
>>
>> Joe McGuire wrote:
>>> Not sure what happened or what I didause it but starting just a few
>>> minutes
>>> ago the toolbars at the top of my IE8 screentotally disappear, along
>>> with
>>> those on the bottom of the screen, including the system Tray and all the
>>> icons to the left. If I hover my cursor at the top of the
>>> now-full-screen
>>> IE8, some but not all the toolbars reappear (e.g., the command FIle and
>>> related commands are now gone) until I move the cursor again. Then I get
>>> the
>>> full screen view of whatever I am looking at in IE8. Highly annoying.
>>> Is
>>> ther any way to fix this?

whoopssem

Re: IE8--My toolbars disappear

Since you answered that question easily maybe you can help me. I recently
installed Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop. Since then IE8 has the tendency to
disappear to the taskbar without warning. If I move the cursor to the
taskbar it comes back up. Got any ideas?