Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2009
varaha
 

Posts: n/a
Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it
is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7.
What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX
control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control.
And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can
re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are
using it and restarting them once the installation is done.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2009
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
Hi Varaha,

Application Mutex

"varaha" <varaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4E251CDC-5F13-44F4-B1DE-600E556E9709@microsoft.com...
> I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when
> it
> is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows
> 7.
> What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX
> control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the
> control.
> And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can
> re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are
> using it and restarting them once the installation is done.
>
> Thanks.
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2009
varaha
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
Hi Rob,

Can you please elaborate a little bit on 'Application Mutex'.

Thanks.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Varaha,
>
> Application Mutex
>
> "varaha" <varaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4E251CDC-5F13-44F4-B1DE-600E556E9709@microsoft.com...
> > I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when
> > it
> > is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows
> > 7.
> > What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX
> > control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the
> > control.
> > And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can
> > re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are
> > using it and restarting them once the installation is done.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Application+Mutex

varaha wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Can you please elaborate a little bit on 'Application Mutex'.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Varaha,
>>
>> Application Mutex
>>
>> "varaha" <varaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4E251CDC-5F13-44F4-B1DE-600E556E9709@microsoft.com...
>>> I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when
>>> it
>>> is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on
>>> windows
>>> 7.
>>> What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX
>>> control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the
>>> control.
>>> And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I
>>> can
>>> re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which
>>> are
>>> using it and restarting them once the installation is done.
>>>
>>> Thanks.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot shutdown/log off/restart after upgrading to IE8 jfgames microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 09-04-2009 06:59
Shutdown & restart problems Nap Lajoie microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 10-27-2008 17:59
Auto Restart After Shutdown izaaco microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-11-2008 18:37
wont restart/shutdown craig84 microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 08-10-2007 18:24
IEUser restart through Restart Manager works but... jgomezb@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-14-2007 18:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120