Re: Application feature works on IE7.0 but not on IE6.0

Re: Application feature works on IE7.0 but not on IE6.0
[crosspost to IE General & IE6 Browser newsgroups]

IE General is the appropriate newsgroup for IE7- and IE8-specific questions.

Developer-specific resources:

MSDN IE Development Forums <=post such questions here instead
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...iedevelopment/

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
www.banthecheck.com

kk2202 wrote:
> As it was my first post, I was not sure, which one was the best place to
> post this. Shall take care in the future.
>
> Kindly provide inputs/suggestions on the issue. I dont see it answered at
> any place.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Asked/Answered in IE General & IE6 Browser. If you must make identical
>> posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of
>> them. Thank you.
>>
>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>
>> kk2202 wrote:
>>> One of the pages in my web application, requires to display huge amount
>>> of
>>> data.
>>> Its a list of items, with drop down list as one of the column to select
>>> value.
>>>
>>> Problem is the items displayed and page looks good in IE7.0 with proper
>>> drop-down lsit for all the items, even when tested with 10,000 number of
>>> items.
>>>
>>> However, with IE6.0 the page has problem even with 4000 items. Issue is
>>> that
>>> the drop down list is not proper and not displayed for the items towards
>>> the
>>> end of the page.
>>>
>>> Is this problem with size of http data ? Kindly let me know if there is
>>> an
>>> issue with IE6.0 ?

timia

Re: Application feature works on IE7.0 but not on IE6.0
why would you say that. explain