IE8 Slow page load on startup

Skyman

IE8 Slow page load on startup
So whats the deal, 30 seconds for the first page to come up. after IE8
loads???? I thought this was supposed to be an improvement. How much
troubleshooting do i have to do now??? This is so frustrating is there an
easy way to fix it so the first page loads fast. Same problem when opening
another Tab. Any help appreciated

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Slow page load on startup
Are we supposed to know the URL of your "first page"?
Were you going to tell us what version of Windows you have (including
the service pack number)?

With such little information to go on, here's my guess at a solution to
your problem:

Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from
the 'no add-ons' icon?

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista or 7: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start
Search box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Do you have the same experience after you have reset Internet Explorer
settings?

"How to Reset Internet Explorer Settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that you have unwittingly installed on your computer.

Web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not
function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. You may want to try
accessing the web page from Compatibility View.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Skyman wrote:
> So whats the deal, 30 seconds for the first page to come up. after IE8
> loads???? I thought this was supposed to be an improvement. How much
> troubleshooting do i have to do now??? This is so frustrating is there
> an easy way to fix it so the first page loads fast. Same problem when
> opening another Tab. Any help appreciated

Re: IE8 Slow page load on startup
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in an IE-specific forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8 (if it's not a Win7 computer)?

it)?
www.banthecheck.com