Mail problem

kanuck

Mail problem
I can't seem to change my explore mail. In the interenet tools it gives me
the choice of hotmail or live, one or the other,I want neither. I want it to
just use my yahoo mail. Why won't it let me chose?
Richard in AZ

Re: Mail problem

"kanuck" <kanuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to change my explore mail. In the interenet tools it gives me
> the choice of hotmail or live, one or the other,I want neither. I want it to
> just use my yahoo mail. Why won't it let me chose?

"Explore mail" is not an email program.
Did you mean Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird?
You must provide more details and correct descriptions will help.
If you would like to use the little envelope icon in the Internet Explorer tool bar, you must
specify a default email program, one of the ones listed above.

If you have "yahoo mail" in the USA, without paying the fee for "Yahoo Plus", then your cannot set
it up to use any of the email programs. You can only access it through the Yahoo Web Site.
Therefore that little envelope icon in Internet Explorer will not work.

VanguardLH

Re: Mail problem
kanuck wrote:

> I can't seem to change my explore mail. In the interenet tools it gives me
> the choice of hotmail or live, one or the other,I want neither. I want it to
> just use my yahoo mail. Why won't it let me chose?

explore.exe is Windows Explorer. That is not an e-mail client.
iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer. That is not an e-mail client.

So what are you REALLY using? Some webnews interface to an e-mail account
that you have yet to identify?

The Programs tab in Internet Options can only show you the e-mail clients
that you have installed on your computer. Yahoo Mail is an e-mail *service*
provider, not an e-mail client. If you are asking how to use a web browser
to access the webmail interface to your e-mail account, why do you care what
local e-mail client is specified in the Programs selection? You aren't
using a local e-mail client, anyway. If you want to use a local e-mail
client with your Yahoo Mail *service*, is there a reason why you kept your
choice of a local e-mail client a secret?

Re: Mail problem
See http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ttings-10.html
www.banthecheck.com