Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer

BigDot

Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer
The cursor on IE suddenly turned into a crosshair format which does not
function like a normal cursor. Ihave looked everywhere and I can't find a
means of restoringthe normal cursor. This happened when my cat stpped on the
keyboard.

Also note that it's bloody nuisance to have to go thru 29 steps to get onto
the site to post a question like this. Why is that necessary? I had to
reset my password, etc.
Bob

Re: Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer
Reboot.

"BigDot" <abcd@email.com> wrote in message
> The cursor on IE suddenly turned into a crosshair format which does not
> function like a normal cursor. Ihave looked everywhere and I can't find a
> means of restoringthe normal cursor. This happened when my cat stpped on
> the
> keyboard.
>
> Also note that it's bloody nuisance to have to go thru 29 steps to get
> onto
> the site to post a question like this. Why is that necessary? I had to
> reset my password, etc.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer

"BigDot" <abcd@email.com> wrote in message news:0E9C7322-F4BB-4C0B-BA9B-FCB381EFC742@microsoft.com...
> The cursor on IE suddenly turned into a crosshair format which does not
> function like a normal cursor. Ihave looked everywhere and I can't find a
> means of restoringthe normal cursor. This happened when my cat stpped on the
> keyboard.

Your cat pressed Alt-Space and M?

> Also note that it's bloody nuisance to have to go thru 29 steps to get onto
> the site to post a question like this. Why is that necessary? I had to
> reset my password, etc.

It's not. Use a real NNTP client instead. E.g. using one of Microsoft's
if you have left it as the default news client Run...

Note before posting you should customize the properties of the news account
that that creates for you.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Dan

Re: Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer

"BigDot" <abcd@email.com> wrote in message
> The cursor on IE suddenly turned into a crosshair format which does not
> function like a normal cursor. Ihave looked everywhere and I can't find a
> means of restoringthe normal cursor. This happened when my cat stpped on
> the
> keyboard.

Can you post an image of what the mouse pointer looks like? The only
"crosshair" mouse pointer that is standard in Windows is used for "Precision
Select" handling, and in IE is generally to do with interacting with
graphics. It might be that you've got an add-on installed that your cat has
somehow enabled which is doing this - possibly something like IE7Pro that
has enabled mouse gestures.

If it's a cross with arrows on each of the 4 directions then, as Robert has
suggested, it's the "move window" mouse pointer. If this doesn't revert to
the normal mouse icon when clicking then that's very weird, but suggests
that you've got some sort of sticky setting enabled - do you have
StickyKeys, or the Windows accessibility handler enabled?

Also try changing your Windows mouse settings to the default (Control
Panel - Mouse, change scheme to the default one), and also check the other
options while you're in there, maybe disable Snap To in the "Pointer
Options" part of the Control Panel - Mouse settings, and Click Lock on the
first page of the mouse settings.

--
Dan

Bob

Re: Need to restore cursor on Internet Explorer
Right-click on your desktop>>Personalize>> Mouse Pointer.