IE8 NEW Preview Feature

denmarfl

IE8 NEW Preview Feature
Not sure if this is an IE8 question or Windows 7. Running W7 and IE8.
Windows 7 manual reads "See Everything you got Open with a Quick Preview".
Steps are to Open IE, open a few favorites websites, Hover open IE Icon in
Taskbar and you'll see thumbnails previews of all open Windows. If I type in
a site, then type another, the preview only shows the current site. If I
click on the NEW TAB at the top of the Browser Window to the right of where
the current Site's Tab is showing name of site, when the new page opens, type
in a new Website...the preview will show all sites.......

If I read the W7 manual correctly I should be able to just continue
entering\going to sites by just typing in website addresses and hovering over
the IE Taskbar Icon I should see previews and not need the extra step of
clicking on NEW TAB, then entering the New webpage.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I need to change??????

Re: IE8 NEW Preview Feature
Win7-specific Support Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7
www.banthecheck.com

denmarfl wrote:
> Not sure if this is an IE8 question or Windows 7. Running W7 and IE8.
> Windows 7 manual reads "See Everything you got Open with a Quick Preview".
> Steps are to Open IE, open a few favorites websites, Hover open IE Icon in
> Taskbar and you'll see thumbnails previews of all open Windows. If I type
> in
> a site, then type another, the preview only shows the current site. If I
> click on the NEW TAB at the top of the Browser Window to the right of
> where
> the current Site's Tab is showing name of site, when the new page opens,
> type in a new Website...the preview will show all sites.......
>
> If I read the W7 manual correctly I should be able to just continue
> entering\going to sites by just typing in website addresses and hovering
> over the IE Taskbar Icon I should see previews and not need the extra step
> of clicking on NEW TAB, then entering the New webpage.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I need to change??????

VanguardLH

Re: IE8 NEW Preview Feature
denmarfl wrote:

> Not sure if this is an IE8 question or Windows 7. Running W7 and IE8.
> Windows 7 manual reads "See Everything you got Open with a Quick Preview".
> Steps are to Open IE, open a few favorites websites, Hover open IE Icon in
> Taskbar and you'll see thumbnails previews of all open Windows. If I type in
> a site, then type another, the preview only shows the current site. If I
> click on the NEW TAB at the top of the Browser Window to the right of where
> the current Site's Tab is showing name of site, when the new page opens, type
> in a new Website...the preview will show all sites.......
>
> If I read the W7 manual correctly I should be able to just continue
> entering\going to sites by just typing in website addresses and hovering over
> the IE Taskbar Icon I should see previews and not need the extra step of
> clicking on NEW TAB, then entering the New webpage.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I need to change??????

Quicktabs is a feature in IE8. When you have multiple tabs loaded with
sites, you will see a miniature tab or tang at the very left side of the tab
row. It has 4 small rectangles within it to represent multiple windows or
tabs. Click on the Quick Tabs tang to open a tab that shows a large
thumbnail of each site loaded in the tabs.

As for the preview feature in Windows 7, that is a feature of THAT operating
system and not an issue with IE8. For help on Windows 7, visit the forum
that discusses that product.

The Microsoft community for Windows 7 is found at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro