Basic questiion - what is lilnks for?

Jorge Cervantes

Basic questiion - what is lilnks for?
Under Favorites folder, there is a "Links" folder.
I am wondering what is the LINKS folder for?
All files in the Favorite folders are URL files.
I assume that the Links folder is not intended for storing URL files.
Then, what is the Links folder for? There must be some useful functions.
Please enlighten me. Jorge

osmanmohamed

RE: Basic questiion - what is lilnks for?
its for the favorites bar (website links that go under the address bar. where
the slices usually go). but you need to have that toolbar enabled form the
toolbar option in the Tools menu

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote:

> Under Favorites folder, there is a "Links" folder.
> I am wondering what is the LINKS folder for?
> All files in the Favorite folders are URL files.
> I assume that the Links folder is not intended for storing URL files.
> Then, what is the Links folder for? There must be some useful functions.
> Please enlighten me. Jorge
>

> .

Jeff Strickland

"Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Under Favorites folder, there is a "Links" folder.
> I am wondering what is the LINKS folder for?
> All files in the Favorite folders are URL files.
> I assume that the Links folder is not intended for storing URL files.
> Then, what is the Links folder for? There must be some useful functions.
> Please enlighten me. Jorge

The Links folder is really the Financial Links Folder. It got renamed.
What's in it?

You can put anything in the folder you want, but generally speaking, you
want the folder names to represent the links you put in them. For example,
you might be a car buff and like several kinds of cars. You could make a
folder that says AUTOMOTIVE LINKS, then inside of that make folders that say
ROAD TESTS, SERVICE ISSUES, and so on. Then in Road Tests, put the URL to
Car and Driver, Road and Track, Consumer Reports. Inside of Service Issues,
make folders for Ford, Chevy, BMW, then inside of those store links to
service bulletins for each different kind of car.

You can build links, and folders to store them in anyway you want.

But Favorites ARE links, so a Links folder is nonsensical. Automotive Links
makes sense. Financial Links makes sense.

VanguardLH

Jorge Cervantes wrote:

> Under Favorites folder, there is a "Links" folder. I am wondering what
> is the LINKS folder for? All files in the Favorite folders are URL
> files. I assume that the Links folder is not intended for storing URL
> files. Then, what is the Links folder for? There must be some useful
> functions. Please enlighten me. Jorge

The Links toolbar in IE7 has to have someplace to store those URL
shortcuts. Well, it puts them in your Favorites -> Links folder. If
you look at your Links toolbar in IE7 (if it is displayed) and then
look at the Favorites -> Links folder, you'll see the same links listed
in each.

The Links toolbar got renamed to the Favorites Bar in IE8. As such,
the folder is now called Favorties -> Favorites Bar.

Re: Basic questiion - what is lilnks for?
Enable the Links bar on your IE toolbar and you'll find out.