IExplore.exe uses 99% of my cpu

carl43m

IExplore.exe uses 99% of my cpu
I have XP,SP3 home professional. 2GB of ram,zone alarm extreme security.
About a month ago I noticed that my home page wouldn't open or when it did I
could not open additional web pages. I would get "invalid address or unable
to open web page". There was no problem with our internet service as we
have another pc hooked to same router and could access immediately the same
web sites. Sometimes it works fine but when it doesn't I noticed that cpu
usgae spikes to 99% and stops anything else from working. In task manager I
can see that iexplor.exe is the applications eating resources. I did a
search on iexplor.exe and came with with a massive amount of entries. I took
a screenshot of all the files found with the same name but for some reason I
could not do a ctl/v to paste in with my question so people could see what I
am dealing with.

Leonard Grey

Re: IExplore.exe uses 99% of my cpu
So I guess your next step will be to search for and remove malware
infections, right?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

carl43m wrote:
> I have XP,SP3 home professional. 2GB of ram,zone alarm extreme security.
> About a month ago I noticed that my home page wouldn't open or when it did I
> could not open additional web pages. I would get "invalid address or unable
> to open web page". There was no problem with our internet service as we
> have another pc hooked to same router and could access immediately the same
> web sites. Sometimes it works fine but when it doesn't I noticed that cpu
> usgae spikes to 99% and stops anything else from working. In task manager I
> can see that iexplor.exe is the applications eating resources. I did a
> search on iexplor.exe and came with with a massive amount of entries. I took
> a screenshot of all the files found with the same name but for some reason I
> could not do a ctl/v to paste in with my question so people could see what I
> am dealing with.

carl43m

Re: IExplore.exe uses 99% of my cpu
Have run several antivirus/malware programs--no problems identified.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> So I guess your next step will be to search for and remove malware
> infections, right?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> carl43m wrote:
> > I have XP,SP3 home professional. 2GB of ram,zone alarm extreme security.
> > About a month ago I noticed that my home page wouldn't open or when it did I
> > could not open additional web pages. I would get "invalid address or unable
> > to open web page". There was no problem with our internet service as we
> > have another pc hooked to same router and could access immediately the same
> > web sites. Sometimes it works fine but when it doesn't I noticed that cpu
> > usgae spikes to 99% and stops anything else from working. In task manager I
> > can see that iexplor.exe is the applications eating resources. I did a
> > search on iexplor.exe and came with with a massive amount of entries. I took
> > a screenshot of all the files found with the same name but for some reason I
> > could not do a ctl/v to paste in with my question so people could see what I
> > am dealing with.
> >

> .

Re: IExplore.exe uses 99% of my cpu
<waits for oher shoe to drop...>