IE and New windows 7 Install

Phocques

IE and New windows 7 Install
Have recently installed 7 on my main home PC. This PC is hardwired to the
net. I run a Belkin N1 wireless router for 3 other PCs in the house. My Media
Centre PC is hardwired to this router and runs XP - connects to the internet
fine. My son's PC runs 7 and connects to the router wirelessly and runs fine.
My wife's latop runs XP and connects to the router fine also.

My problem is that the main PC, while connected thru hardwire, will not
connect to the net in 7. I am running both OS on two separate drives and XP
on this main PC will connect. 7 won't.

Am running out of solutions...any help anyone??
GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,

RE: IE and New windows 7 Install
What version of 7 are you running? I think its obvious its not a hardware
issue.
did you check the fundementals:

Is the network driver install? Is it compatible with Win 7?

"Phocques" wrote:

> Have recently installed 7 on my main home PC. This PC is hardwired to the
> net. I run a Belkin N1 wireless router for 3 other PCs in the house. My Media
> Centre PC is hardwired to this router and runs XP - connects to the internet
> fine. My son's PC runs 7 and connects to the router wirelessly and runs fine.
> My wife's latop runs XP and connects to the router fine also.
>
> My problem is that the main PC, while connected thru hardwire, will not
> connect to the net in 7. I am running both OS on two separate drives and XP
> on this main PC will connect. 7 won't.
>
> Am running out of solutions...any help anyone??

Re: IE and New windows 7 Install
You'll find support in this Win7-specific forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...etwork/threads