Internet Explorer 8 will not open; Outlook 2007 emails not showing

BoxxyBrown

Internet Explorer 8 will not open; Outlook 2007 emails not showing
I'm having the biggest issue with Windows 7 right now. I have installed Win7
Professional and had been using it fine with IE8/Firefox and MSOffice 2007
Ultimate. About 2 weeks ago, I had a massive email download (over 1000
emails, broken up to around 270 at a time) from Gmail. This is when I
noticed that the HTML would not show up in emails that were listed as Safe
Senders. Also, IE8 will not open. There are no error messages. If I click
on IE enough times, I barely get to see iexplore.exe show up in the Task
Manager before it disappears. Firefox works fine and has been set as the
default browser (it was set to default prior to the problems).

Here's what I've done so far:

Went into Default Programs and made IE default for everything.

Went to Turn Windows Features on or off, removed the check from IE8,
restarted, and put the check back.

Went to Outlook's Trust Center and removed the check for "Don't download
pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items."

Reset IE in Internet Options

Tried running IE without add-ons.

Checked registry entry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\htmlfile\shell \open\command: Default key
is set to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

Deleted all temp files and cache in Internet Options

No programs were installed on the alleged day this started.

No anti-virus software is installed.

Uninstalled Firefox

I'm a little out of ideas. Anyone know of any other things to try?

Thanks,

BB

Re: Internet Explorer 8 will not open; Outlook 2007 emails not showing
> No anti-virus software is installed...
> I'm a little out of ideas. Anyone know of any other things to try?

Sure!

5 steps to help protect your new computer BEFORE you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Too late now though. If you upgraded to Win7, format & reinstall the
original Windows version and re-read the above. Otherwise, format &
reinstall Win7 and re-read the above.