IE throttle; allocating CPU usage for IE per user

GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,

IE throttle; allocating CPU usage for IE per user
Hello,
We are running a Terminal Server with Server 03 x64. Currently there are
between 10-15 users logged in. From time to time we encountered serious
slowness. When we look at the CPU usage, IE from random users is what is
holding up the most. Some have pdfs open, others just have multiple tabs and
so on...
Is there a way I can allocate only certain percent of CPU usage to IE? Per
user? I found IEThrottle online but we prefer if it within windows or a third
party application; not an Add-in to IE. Any suggestions? Is it possible to do
this using Windows? Thank you!

Re: IE throttle; allocating CPU usage for IE per user
Repost your question in windows.server.security newsgroup.

GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc, wrote:
> Hello,
> We are running a Terminal Server with Server 03 x64. Currently there are
> between 10-15 users logged in. From time to time we encountered serious
> slowness. When we look at the CPU usage, IE from random users is what is
> holding up the most. Some have pdfs open, others just have multiple tabs
> and
> so on...
> Is there a way I can allocate only certain percent of CPU usage to IE? Per
> user? I found IEThrottle online but we prefer if it within windows or a
> third party application; not an Add-in to IE. Any suggestions? Is it
> possible to do this using Windows? Thank you!

Robert Aldwinckle

"GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc," <GrJComputersJaviessejc@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
> Hello,
> We are running a Terminal Server with Server 03 x64. Currently there are
> between 10-15 users logged in. From time to time we encountered serious
> slowness. When we look at the CPU usage, IE from random users is what is
> holding up the most. Some have pdfs open, others just have multiple tabs and
> so on...

> Is there a way I can allocate only certain percent of CPU usage to IE? Per
> user?

What happens if you use Task Manager to change the priority of
all iexplore.exe tasks to Below Normal?

> I found IEThrottle online but we prefer if it within windows or a third
> party application; not an Add-in to IE. Any suggestions? Is it possible to do
> this using Windows? Thank you!

GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,

Re: IE throttle; allocating CPU usage for IE per user
Thank you for that suggestion. Its a good suggestion. I looked it up online
and I will need to download an additional add-on to windows to set the
priority to stay. This is because I can change the priority of IE manually
but after a restart, the priority settings go back to normal. I can't set
priority settings for 15+ users everyday
It will be a pain. Thanks.