Improving the Favourite Interaction...

xerxes11

Improving the Favourite Interaction...
I've been a Firefox user for almost as long as I've been using the Internet,
but recently I've started using Internet Explorer and I've found a lot of
"Cognitive Friction" Here are a couple of suggestions that could make the
user experience a little bit better.

1. Allow users to organize there bookmarks and navigate the web at the same
time. It seems ridiculous to only have focus on the organize window.
2. It would be really cool to be able to right click on the Favorite
pull-down menu and add a folder.
3. It would be a great time saver to be able to add multiple pages to a
folder, when organizing bookmarks.

These things might be trivial, but for anyone who uses favorites on a
regular basis, it would be a tremendous time saver. Thanks for hearing my
gripes.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Dan

Re: Improving the Favourite Interaction...

"xerxes11" <xerxes11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been a Firefox user for almost as long as I've been using the
> Internet,
> but recently I've started using Internet Explorer and I've found a lot of
> "Cognitive Friction" Here are a couple of suggestions that could make the
> user experience a little bit better.
>
> 1. Allow users to organize there bookmarks and navigate the web at the
> same
> time. It seems ridiculous to only have focus on the organize window.
> 2. It would be really cool to be able to right click on the Favorite
> pull-down menu and add a folder.
> 3. It would be a great time saver to be able to add multiple pages to a
> folder, when organizing bookmarks.
>
> These things might be trivial, but for anyone who uses favorites on a
> regular basis, it would be a tremendous time saver. Thanks for hearing my
> gripes.

Use the Favourites sidebar (click the star button at the left of the tabs,
then the green button at the upper right of that sidebar to pin it in place)
rather than the menu option - you can do 1 and 2 with that already.

3 is a little more awkward as the interface in both the menu option and the
sidebar is not designed for multiple selections. I tend to drag and drop.
However, if you right click any folder and choose Open then an explorer
window should be opened to that folder, you can then navigate around
reorganising the shortcuts as files which does allow multiple selections to
be made.

--
Dan