Full scanning

Dar

Full scanning
I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 I have KIS2010 and Windows Defender.
When I try to do a full scan from either one of them, Kiss freezes up at 45%
and Windows Defender freezes up after about 35 minuites. Now I did a full
scan with KIS last week and it whet to 100% and finished now all of a sudden
they freeze up and I have to shut down the computer by the off button it
won't even let me stop scanning.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Jeff Strickland

Re: Full scanning

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 I have KIS2010 and Windows Defender.
> When I try to do a full scan from either one of them, Kiss freezes up at
> 45%
> and Windows Defender freezes up after about 35 minuites. Now I did a full
> scan with KIS last week and it whet to 100% and finished now all of a
> sudden
> they freeze up and I have to shut down the computer by the off button it
> won't even let me stop scanning.
> Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I performed a Disk Error Check recently, and my systgem stalled at 11%
complete for well over two hours. I don't know what it was doing all of that
time, but it eventually passed through the task and completed.

I wish it had stopped at the Error Report and waited for me to Press the Any
Key so that I could review the findings.

David B.

Re: Full scanning
What does this have to do with internet explorer?

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 I have KIS2010 and Windows Defender.
> When I try to do a full scan from either one of them, Kiss freezes up at
> 45%
> and Windows Defender freezes up after about 35 minuites. Now I did a full
> scan with KIS last week and it whet to 100% and finished now all of a
> sudden
> they freeze up and I have to shut down the computer by the off button it
> won't even let me stop scanning.
> Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Re: Full scanning
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0ff78d07eb2c0d

If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

Dar wrote:
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 I have KIS2010 and Windows Defender.
> When I try to do a full scan from either one of them, Kiss freezes up at
> 45%
> and Windows Defender freezes up after about 35 minuites. Now I did a full
> scan with KIS last week and it whet to 100% and finished now all of a
> sudden
> they freeze up and I have to shut down the computer by the off button it
> won't even let me stop scanning.
> Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Bob

Re: Full scanning
One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may cause problems.

These include but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
Kaspersky, SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, Norton AntiVirus,
McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, and Zone Alarm (Free, Pro, & Security
Suite).

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may cause problems.
>
> These include but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea
> Timer, Kaspersky, SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, Norton
> AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, and Zone Alarm (Free, Pro,
> & Security Suite).

None of those things work when the Error Checking takes place.

Error Check happens before Windows fully loads. Or loads at all. Start Win,
activate the Error Check. The check will put up a dialog that says that the
check will happen the next time the machine is turned on. Turn the machine
off then back on, and the error check will start before Windows loads.

Bob

Re: Full scanning
I think I wasn't clear enough.

Try replacing Kapersky with Avast.

>I think I wasn't clear enough.
>
> Try replacing Kapersky with Avast.

Whatever, I don't use it. And even if I did, it does not run while the Error
Check of the HDD is taking place. So, whatever problems it might present at
other times is moot because it's not running while the Error Check is taking
place.

undisclosed

Re: Full scanning

I think, it's simple and easy to reset your system driver.
Of course, if have backup, it 's the best way to recover. Save your
time and energy!

--
net
Dar

Re: Full scanning
I am sorry I did not know I made two post