IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion

Mike

IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion
My favorites bar is full and overflowing as well as my favorites dropdown.
Possible solution. Ability to create groups on the favorites bar so I can add
favorites to a group. A hover of my group on the favorites bar will dropdown
my specified list of favorites for that group.

EXAMPLE
Favorites Bar --> MICROSOFT | NEWS | SOCIAL
*Microsoft *Msnbc *Facebook
*Technet *CNN *MySpace
--
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion

> My favorites bar is full and overflowing as well as my favorites dropdown.
> Possible solution. Ability to create groups on the favorites bar so I can
> add
> favorites to a group. A hover of my group on the favorites bar will
> dropdown
> my specified list of favorites for that group.
>
> EXAMPLE
> Favorites Bar --> MICROSOFT | NEWS | SOCIAL
> *Microsoft *Msnbc *Facebook
> *Technet *CNN *MySpace

You can already do this - it's been available since IE7.....

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion
The LAST thing I want is for MSoft to play any hand in the management of my
Favorites. I have no problem sorting my Favorites in the arrangement that
suits my needs.

I vote NO on the idea.

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The LAST thing I want is for MSoft to play any hand in the management of
> my Favorites. I have no problem sorting my Favorites in the arrangement
> that suits my needs.
>
> I vote NO on the idea.

Well you are a bit late. The facility is already there. And why would MS be
"sorting" YOUR favorites? You can choose to use the function or not, as you
wish.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion
I don't think they're 'your' Favorites...you only license them.

But I may be confusing this with another issue.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

> I don't think they're 'your' Favorites...you only license them.
>
> But I may be confusing this with another issue.

ROTFL!

Peter Foldes

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion
IE9????????????? Are you talking about IE7 or IE8 or even IE6. Please clarify along
with OS

--
Peter

> My favorites bar is full and overflowing as well as my favorites dropdown.
> Possible solution. Ability to create groups on the favorites bar so I can add
> favorites to a group. A hover of my group on the favorites bar will dropdown
> my specified list of favorites for that group.
>
> EXAMPLE
> Favorites Bar --> MICROSOFT | NEWS | SOCIAL
> *Microsoft *Msnbc *Facebook
> *Technet *CNN *MySpace
> --
> Mike
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

David B.

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion
The OP is talking about IE9, just as he stated, the OS is irrelevant. He was
suggesting a new feature be added that's already there.

> IE9????????????? Are you talking about IE7 or IE8 or even IE6. Please
> clarify along with OS
>
> --
> Peter

> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My favorites bar is full and overflowing as well as my favorites
>> dropdown.
>> Possible solution. Ability to create groups on the favorites bar so I can
>> add
>> favorites to a group. A hover of my group on the favorites bar will
>> dropdown
>> my specified list of favorites for that group.
>>
>> EXAMPLE
>> Favorites Bar --> MICROSOFT | NEWS | SOCIAL
>> *Microsoft *Msnbc *Facebook
>> *Technet *CNN *MySpace
>> --
>> Mike
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE9 Favorites Bar Suggestion

>I don't think they're 'your' Favorites...you only license them.
>
> But I may be confusing this with another issue.
> ---

Clearly you are.

>>I don't think they're 'your' Favorites...you only license them.
>>
>> But I may be confusing this with another issue.
>> ---

> Clearly you are.

That was <sarcasm>.....