IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed

six-h

IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed
I'm running IE8 on both an XP lappy and a Vista Ultimate PC.
Both have the latest Java installed but only the XP Lappy lists "Sun(Java)"
as a heading in the Tools>Advanced listings.
How can I get this heading listed on my Vista installation??
Java still runs...just, on some sites, others get "Java Appelet blocked"
from windows firewall, and some even give you time to go perk the coffee
before the cup arrives in the Sys. Tray! lol
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed

"six-h" <sixh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E26B97B-8382-49BE-A69A-4E72103DB58C@microsoft.com...
> I'm running IE8 on both an XP lappy and a Vista Ultimate PC.
> Both have the latest Java installed but only the XP Lappy lists "Sun(Java)"
> as a heading in the Tools>Advanced listings.

> How can I get this heading listed on my Vista installation??

Have you looked in the Java Control Panel applet?
E.g. Advanced tab, Default Java for browsers
do you have anything checked in there?

> Java still runs...just, on some sites, others get "Java Appelet blocked"
> from windows firewall, and some even give you time to go perk the coffee
> before the cup arrives in the Sys. Tray! lol

Have you asked Sun for help? Java is theirs, not Microsoft's.
Both paid their lawyers a lot of money establishing that fact. ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

ju.c

Re: IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed
To restore a missing Java section on the IE advanced menu follow
these steps:

For XP

1. Open 'Start Menu-->Control Panel' then click the Java icon.

2. Open the "Advanced" tab.

3. Expand "Default Java for browsers" and tick the box for your
browser.

4. Apply, OK.

For Vista

In IE 8 there is not a Java section on the advanced menu. Java is
listed in the Add-ons.

To check if Java is installed and enabled click on "Tools" on the
IE Menu Bar and click Manage Add-ons. In the Manage Add-ons window
make sure that Tool Bars and Extensions is highlighted on the left
hand side of the Window and then look for the Sun Microsystems
section in the main area of the window. If it is listed there but
shows to be disabled, click on the Java plug-ins and enable them.
If they do not show up in the Add-ins, it means that Java didn’t
install correctly.

ju.c