IE 7 Tab Problem

Dave

IE 7 Tab Problem
In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the option
of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about the new
tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page again." or
words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course, don't like the
result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to undo this
change.

Any suggestions on undoing this change.
Thx
Dave
WinXP SP3, IE7

Bob Lucas

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Firstly, why don't you upgrade to IE8, which offers improved
security? In my personal opinion, IE8 is better than IE7.

I'm not sure whether the tab configuration options are the same
in IE7 and IE8.

In IE8, you can click on Tools / Internet Options. On the
General menu, click on Tabs Settings.

Then, you can decide whether you want each new tab to open with:
a) a "new page" (which is not particularly helpful, because it
contains text about the tab features of IE8)
b) your first home page or
c) a blank page

There are many other options, which help you to configure tabs
according to your personal preferences.

"Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message
> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you
> have the option of opening a new tab. The new window comes up
> with some text about the new tab feature of IE7. One of the
> options is "Don't show this page again." or words to that
> effect. I checked this option, and of course, don't like the
> result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to
> undo this change.
>
> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
> Thx
> Dave
> WinXP SP3, IE7

Bob

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Try this:

Tools>>Internet Options>>General tab>>tabs Settings button>>checkmark Open
homepage for new tabs instead of a blank page,

"Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message
> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
> option of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about
> the new tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page
> again." or words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course,
> don't like the result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to
> undo this change.
>
> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
> Thx
> Dave
> WinXP SP3, IE7

Dave

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Thank you Bob and Bob -
Re: IE8, after what I went thru getting from 6 to 7, I'm not about to go to
8 (SP3 didn't help that a bit, either.)
Appreciate the comment however.

Dave

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Try this:
>
> Tools>>Internet Options>>General tab>>tabs Settings button>>checkmark Open
> homepage for new tabs instead of a blank page,
>
> "Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message
>> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
>> option of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text
>> about the new tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this
>> page again." or words to that effect. I checked this option, and of
>> course, don't like the result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't
>> see how to undo this change.
>>
>> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
>> Thx
>> Dave
>> WinXP SP3, IE7

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Does 'Tools | Internet Options | Tabs | Settings | Warn me when switching
tabs' give you what you want?

Dave wrote:
> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
> option
> of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about the
> new
> tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page again."
> or
> words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course, don't like
> the
> result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to undo this
> change.
>
> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
> Thx
> Dave
> WinXP SP3, IE7

Dave

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Well, not really -
B & B's comments fixed my problem,. Actually, I don't see the |Warn me when
switching | option. Remember I'm in IE7 (hangs head in shame.) I'm all set,
anyway, but thank you.
Dave

> Does 'Tools | Internet Options | Tabs | Settings | Warn me when switching
> tabs' give you what you want?
>
> Dave wrote:
>> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
>> option
>> of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about the
>> new
>> tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page again."
>> or
>> words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course, don't like
>> the
>> result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to undo this
>> change.
>>
>> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
>> Thx
>> Dave
>> WinXP SP3, IE7

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
I'm in IE7 and I have that option.

Dave wrote:
> Well, not really -
> B & B's comments fixed my problem,. Actually, I don't see the |Warn me
> when
> switching | option. Remember I'm in IE7 (hangs head in shame.) I'm all
> set,
> anyway, but thank you.
> Dave

>> Does 'Tools | Internet Options | Tabs | Settings | Warn me when switching
>> tabs' give you what you want?
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
>>> option
>>> of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about the
>>> new
>>> tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page again."
>>> or
>>> words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course, don't like
>>> the
>>> result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to undo this
>>> change.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
>>> Thx
>>> Dave
>>> WinXP SP3, IE7

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem

"Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message
> In IE7, when you click on the button on an existing tab, you have the
> option of opening a new tab. The new window comes up with some text about
> the new tab feature of IE7. One of the options is "Don't show this page
> again." or words to that effect. I checked this option, and of course,
> don't like the result - a blank page. Also, of course, I don't see how to
> undo this change.
>
> Any suggestions on undoing this change.
> Thx
> Dave
> WinXP SP3, IE7

Open IE
Click Tools>Options.

The General Tab opens. Select the Settings for Tabbed Browsing and make all
of the changes to the settings that you want.

Dave

Re: IE 7 Tab Problem
Thank you one and all - we're OK now
Dave