help with FONT on netbook IE 8 stylesheet

internaughtfull

help with FONT on netbook IE 8 stylesheet
Hi,

Under Tools/InterNet Options/Acessibility/User Style Sheet,
I'm not sure how to load a style sheet there, or even where to get
one.

I use a netbook and some of the fonts that display are too small, esp.
when reading fonts in hotmail.

I use zoom and the 'larger' font setting in IE, and that works ok, but
is there a 'premade' stylesheet that has been made for the popular
netbooks that I can just load that might work better? I have mainly
just found 'authoring' stylesheet information so far.

Thanks

itchy
rob^_^

Re: help with FONT on netbook IE 8 stylesheet
Hi,

Also set Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check
"Ignore font sizes specified on web pages".

That should make web pages look more similar.

IE7 or 8's Zoom should make the images proportionately sized without a user
stylesheet.

If you are using IE6, post back and I can give you a link to some
stylesheets to zoom IE6 web documents.

Regards.

"internaughtfull" <itchyneebanshee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Under Tools/InterNet Options/Acessibility/User Style Sheet,
> I'm not sure how to load a style sheet there, or even where to get
> one.
>
> I use a netbook and some of the fonts that display are too small, esp.
> when reading fonts in hotmail.
>
> I use zoom and the 'larger' font setting in IE, and that works ok, but
> is there a 'premade' stylesheet that has been made for the popular
> netbooks that I can just load that might work better? I have mainly
> just found 'authoring' stylesheet information so far.
>
> Thanks
>
> itchy

Re: help with FONT on netbook IE 8 stylesheet
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
next reply.

Would something as simple as 'IE View | Text size | Larger/Largest' float
your li'l netbook's boat?

internaughtfull wrote:
> Under Tools/InterNet Options/Acessibility/User Style Sheet,
> I'm not sure how to load a style sheet there, or even where to get
> one.
>
> I use a netbook and some of the fonts that display are too small, esp.
> when reading fonts in hotmail.
>
> I use zoom and the 'larger' font setting in IE, and that works ok, but
> is there a 'premade' stylesheet that has been made for the popular
> netbooks that I can just load that might work better? I have mainly
> just found 'authoring' stylesheet information so far.
>
> Thanks
>
> itchy

internaughtfull

On Nov 17, 4:19*am, "rob^_^" <iecustomi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Also set Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check
> "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages".

[...]

I'm not sure why, but the zoom setting has stuck
to an adequate level for about all webpages [130%]
I don't remember clicking any checkbox for that
but I will try the 'ignore font size' for variation,
thanks,
itchy

xp/sp3/asus eee 1000h
Dan

> On Nov 17, 4:19 am, "rob^_^" <iecustomi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Also set Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button,
>> check
>> "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages".

> [...]
>

> I'm not sure why, but the zoom setting has stuck
> to an adequate level for about all webpages [130%]
> I don't remember clicking any checkbox for that
> but I will try the 'ignore font size' for variation,
> thanks,
> itchy
>
> xp/sp3/asus eee 1000h

Have you changed your desktop DPI level at all? IE8 automatically adjusts
it's zoom level based on the DPI setting, with the default of 96DPI it
should be at 100%, if you've changed it to 120DPI then IE8 will go to 125%.
If your switched to 130% automatically then it sounds like your DPI is even
higher than 120.

More info on DPI scaling and IE8 can be found here:

You could try reducing your DPI setting and that may well mean you can stop
using the zoom feature of IE8 (which as you can see from the above URL does
have an impact on image quality).

--
Dan