Beginers book on Computing

bm

Beginers book on Computing
Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want me
to teach her!
As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean on
a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
Blair

Tom Willett

Re: Beginers book on Computing
This is a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.
But, you could certainly go to www.google.com or www.amazon.com and find
something.
"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
: Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
: My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want
me
: to teach her!
: As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean
on
: a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
: Blair
:
:

D.

Re: Beginers book on Computing
What are you , the n/g police ?
D.

"Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> This is a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.
> But, you could certainly go to www.google.com or www.amazon.com and find
> something.
> "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
> : Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
> : My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't
> want
> me
> : to teach her!
> : As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys
> mean
> on
> : a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
> : Blair
> :
> :

Bob

Re: Beginers book on Computing
PCs For Dummies

http://www.amazon.com/PCs-Dummies-Co...owViewpoints=1

"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
> My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want
> me to teach her!
> As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean
> on a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
> Blair

Leonard Grey

Re: Beginers book on Computing
Not a question about Internet Explorer (see the title of the newsgroup)...

....but I would recommend a course with a live teacher. She needs someone
to sit with her. After that, let her go to the bookstore and find a book
that works for her.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

bm wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
> My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want me
> to teach her!
> As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean on
> a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
> Blair

Tom Willett

Re: Beginers book on Computing
What are you, a doofus troll?

"D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
: What are you , the n/g police ?
: D.
:
:
: "Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
: news:OPqTgTuZKHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: > This is a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.
: > But, you could certainly go to www.google.com or www.amazon.com and find
: > something.
: > "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
: > news:eMt$xOuZKHA.5852@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > : Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
: > : My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't
: > want
: > me
: > : to teach her!
: > : As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys
: > mean
: > on
: > : a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
: > : Blair
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

David B.

Re: Beginers book on Computing
There are multiple groups for a reason, if a newbie (such as yourself) posts
to an incorrect group they should be redirected to the proper group,
otherwise what's the point of all these groups?

"D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
> What are you , the n/g police ?
> D.
>

> "Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
>> This is a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.
>> But, you could certainly go to www.google.com or www.amazon.com and find
>> something.
>> "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
>> : Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
>> : My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't
>> want
>> me
>> : to teach her!
>> : As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys
>> mean
>> on
>> : a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
>> : Blair
>> :
>> :

Jeff Strickland

Re: Beginers book on Computing

"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
> My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want
> me to teach her!
> As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean
> on a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
> Blair

Please tell me that she realizes the keys are pretty much self explanatory.
There are a few keys that need to be explained, but the vast majority of
them mean what they say.

You can use them in various combinations that need to be explained, but any
given key by itself does what it says.

Re: Beginers book on Computing
Windows XP/Vista/Vista/IE for Dummies (no offense intended)

bm wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing?
> My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want
> me
> to teach her!
> As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean
> on
> a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start!
> Blair

D.

Re: Beginers book on Computing
OUCH !!!! That really hurt .