Downloading files with IE

Dmitry

Downloading files with IE
Hi,
There's the following issue with downloads in IE. By auto-focus Cancel
button gets active when downloading a file. If a user accidentally presses
enter the download will be canceled with no confirmation asked or resume
option avalible. It would be great to be at least asked as it may get really
disapointing after downloading a 5GB file and in last 200MB hitting Enter by
accident.

Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: Downloading files with IE
You don't think it makes more sense to teach your lusers not to hit
Enter when they're not supposed to be doing that?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dmitry wrote:
> Hi,
> There's the following issue with downloads in IE. By auto-focus Cancel
> button gets active when downloading a file. If a user accidentally presses
> enter the download will be canceled with no confirmation asked or resume
> option avalible. It would be great to be at least asked as it may get really
> disapointing after downloading a 5GB file and in last 200MB hitting Enter by
> accident.
>
> Thanks
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Downloading files with IE
[screenwipe, please]

Leonard Grey wrote:
> You don't think it makes more sense to teach your lusers not to hit
> Enter when they're not supposed to be doing that?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dmitry wrote:
>> Hi,
>> There's the following issue with downloads in IE. By auto-focus Cancel
>> button gets active when downloading a file. If a user accidentally
>> presses
>> enter the download will be canceled with no confirmation asked or resume
>> option avalible. It would be great to be at least asked as it may get
>> really disapointing after downloading a 5GB file and in last 200MB
>> hitting
>> Enter by accident.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
>> and
>> then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Dan

"Dmitry" <Dmitry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> There's the following issue with downloads in IE. By auto-focus Cancel
> button gets active when downloading a file. If a user accidentally presses
> enter the download will be canceled with no confirmation asked or resume
> option avalible. It would be great to be at least asked as it may get
> really
> disapointing after downloading a 5GB file and in last 200MB hitting Enter
> by
> accident.

Using a download manager helps to mitigate the "bash keys, HULK BASH!"
syndrome. It's also more resilient to network connectivity issues, and a
whole host of other potential problems. There are plenty around, I'll leave
it as an exercise for the reader to find some

--
Dan