page does not fully display in IE8

LumberGumRubber

page does not fully display in IE8
On this page --- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420

--- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian operations in
the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security interests
of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the
Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings, one of
which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"

Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a blank
space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me how to
overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: page does not fully display in IE8

"LumberGumRubber" <LumberGumRubber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On this page --- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420
>
> --- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
> emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian operations in
> the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security interests
> of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the
> Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings, one of
> which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"
>

> Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a blank
> space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me how to
> overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

NTF. Not even with Accessibility dialog allowing me to change
text size to Largest.

ICIM: IE8 on XPsp3.

---

Re: page does not fully display in IE8
Unrecognized link element or xml-stylesheet PI.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en

263 Errors, 30 warnings
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

LumberGumRubber wrote:
> On this page --- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420
>
> --- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
> emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian operations
> in
> the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security
> interests
> of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the
> Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings, one
> of which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"
>
> Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a blank
> space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me how
> overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

LumberGumRubber

Re: page does not fully display in IE8
Two replies and I don't have a clue as to what they mean. Anyone else want to
give this a whirl, why i.e. "pictures" / "Advertisements" will not display on
in IE8 and will do so in say, Opera or even Firefox?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Unrecognized link element or xml-stylesheet PI.
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en
>
> 263 Errors, 30 warnings
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
>

> LumberGumRubber wrote:
> > On this page --- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420
> >
> > --- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
> > emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian operations
> > in
> > the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security
> > interests
> > of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the
> > Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings, one
> > of which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"
> >
> > Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a blank
> > space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me how
> > overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

> .

Jim

Re: page does not fully display in IE8
PA Bear's response shows that the site in question has numerous coding
errors. IE8 is much more intolerant of errors than previous versions.
Opera and Firefox evidently ignored the errors. Whether the two instances
you cited are part of the coding errors is impossible to say since you did
not post the relevant HTML lines.
Jim
"LumberGumRubber" <LumberGumRubber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E4DC779A-60FE-480A-BCF3-22F07E44EA99@microsoft.com...
> Two replies and I don't have a clue as to what they mean. Anyone else want
> give this a whirl, why i.e. "pictures" / "Advertisements" will not display
> on
> in IE8 and will do so in say, Opera or even Firefox?
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Unrecognized link element or xml-stylesheet PI.
>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en
>>
>> 263 Errors, 30 warnings
>> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
>>

>> LumberGumRubber wrote:
>> > On this page ---
>> > http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420
>> >
>> > --- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
>> > emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian
>> > operations
>> > in
>> > the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security
>> > interests
>> > of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and
>> > the
>> > Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings,
>> > one
>> > of which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"
>> >
>> > Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a
>> > blank
>> > space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me
>> > how
>> > overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

>> .

Re: page does not fully display in IE8
The problem is the bad coding on the webpage, not your computer or brower.
Is that any clearer?

LumberGumRubber wrote:
> Two replies and I don't have a clue as to what they mean. Anyone else want
> to give this a whirl, why i.e. "pictures" / "Advertisements" will not
> display on in IE8 and will do so in say, Opera or even Firefox?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Unrecognized link element or xml-stylesheet PI.
>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en
>>
>> 263 Errors, 30 warnings
>> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
>>

>> LumberGumRubber wrote:
>>> On this page --- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134420
>>>
>>> --- this part does not show up. Notice this paragraph ... "Participants
>>> emphasized the need to maintain tight surveillance on Iranian operations
>>> in
>>> the East Horn of Africa and their impact on the strategic security
>>> interests
>>> of countries in the region, especially Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and
>>> the
>>> Gulf states" ... and to the right of that, there are several headings,
>>> one
>>> of which begins with "Learning in Israel? Save on your cell!"
>>>
>>> Ok --- in IE8, this latter is not showing up at all, but is just a blank
>>> space. It does show up in Firefox, but on the former. Can one show me
>>> how
>>> overcome and fix this. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

>> .

LumberGumRubber

Re: page does not fully display in IE8
Jim & PABear --- this is much clearer. Sorry I didn't get it earlier. You're
dealing with a novice, obviously. Thanks for the help and pointers!