free download

Pattie

free download
I downloaded IE8 which is supposed to be free. It wil not work. It wants me
to choose a plan that costs money. Why is this happening? If I uninstall will
it get rid of it & put me back to the MSN version I have always used? Or is
there a way to get passed the "plan" prompt. Again It's supposed to be free.

Re: free download
environment.

=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020

=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates or any
other source!! =>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NB WinXP users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When
you're prepared to install IE8, double-click on the saved file.

NB Vista users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When
you're prepared to install IE8, right-click on the saved file and select
"Run as Administator.

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8. [Do NOT use
System Restore to remove/uninstall IE8; instead, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. Then use the Restore Point prior to
reinstalling IE8 per these recommendations. Norton users will need to see
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]

NB WinXP users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then go
to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any
Critical Security Updates offered (i.e., KB972260). If a Root Certificates
update is listed in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full
advantage of IE's enhanced security.

NB Vista users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then
check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security updates
offered.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application version, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender),
and your third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 before you
decide install it.

TIP: After installing IE8, you can easliy download/install MSN Toolbar or
Windows Live Toolbar, if you want/miss it.
www.banthecheck.com