AV's Will Not Update

KenP

AV's Will Not Update
Posted, or at least thought I did, this yesterday but can't find.

Running XP Home and IE 8 - I removed Norton AV and installed Comodo AV,
which would not update. I uninstalled Comodo and reinstalled w/same issue.
Removed and installed two other AV's (PC Tools & another) and neither would
update. Neither gave error msg #, just that updates would not run. I ended up
w/Comodo and using the manual update mode.

Does anyone have a clue as to why none of the AV's will update? Thanks in
advance.

KenP

Re: AV's Will Not Update
You did post it about 24 hours ago.

Repost:

Was your NAV subscription still current when you uninstalled it?

Did you run the Norton Removal Tool *after* uninstalling NAV and *before*
installing Comodo AV?
www.banthecheck.com

KenP wrote:
> Posted, or at least thought I did, this yesterday but can't find.
>
> Running XP Home and IE 8 - I removed Norton AV and installed Comodo AV,
> which would not update. I uninstalled Comodo and reinstalled w/same issue.
> Removed and installed two other AV's (PC Tools & another) and neither
> would
> update. Neither gave error msg #, just that updates would not run. I ended
> up w/Comodo and using the manual update mode.
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to why none of the AV's will update? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> KenP

Bob

Re: AV's Will Not Update

"KenP" <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Posted, or at least thought I did, this yesterday but can't find.
>
> Running XP Home and IE 8 - I removed Norton AV and installed Comodo AV,
> which would not update. I uninstalled Comodo and reinstalled w/same issue.
> Removed and installed two other AV's (PC Tools & another) and neither
> would
> update. Neither gave error msg #, just that updates would not run. I ended
> up
> w/Comodo and using the manual update mode.
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to why none of the AV's will update? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> KenP

KenP

Re: AV's Will Not Update
Found and ran Removal Tool and that worked. Thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You did post it about 24 hours ago.
>
> Repost:
>
> Was your NAV subscription still current when you uninstalled it?
>
> Did you run the Norton Removal Tool *after* uninstalling NAV and *before*
> installing Comodo AV?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> KenP wrote:
> > Posted, or at least thought I did, this yesterday but can't find.
> >
> > Running XP Home and IE 8 - I removed Norton AV and installed Comodo AV,
> > which would not update. I uninstalled Comodo and reinstalled w/same issue.
> > Removed and installed two other AV's (PC Tools & another) and neither
> > would
> > update. Neither gave error msg #, just that updates would not run. I ended
> > up w/Comodo and using the manual update mode.
> >
> > Does anyone have a clue as to why none of the AV's will update? Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > KenP

> .

Re: AV's Will Not Update