IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert

ItTechy

IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert
Win 7 Home Prem. IE 8, all updates installed as of post date.

When Accessibility Options, HIGH CONTRAST was chosen, which changes all
display settings for Windows, IE, etc., is switched back to NORMAL, IE 8
retains the High Contrast settings; resetting IE to default does not correct
this, nor does system restore, all other graphics displays are normal as
switched except IE8.

There has got to be a registry tweak to fix this, very irritating...any help
is greatly appreciated.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert
Desktop Colors> Menu Text color
(Your current settings are probably Black on Black?)
Regards.

"ItTechy" <ItTechy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Win 7 Home Prem. IE 8, all updates installed as of post date.
>
> When Accessibility Options, HIGH CONTRAST was chosen, which changes all
> display settings for Windows, IE, etc., is switched back to NORMAL, IE 8
> retains the High Contrast settings; resetting IE to default does not
> correct
> this, nor does system restore, all other graphics displays are normal as
> switched except IE8.
>
> There has got to be a registry tweak to fix this, very irritating...any
> help
> is greatly appreciated.

ItTechy

Re: IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert
No actually the desktop reverted back to normal settings, IE lacks all color,
and looks like it's almost naked! MSN has no blue, real basic, high contrast;
as I noted, when selected, everything except IE 8 went back to normal.
Obviously this is not normal, as IE color options make no change; there has
got to be a registry key that is changed, or perhaps a IE 8 graphics / color
mode stored.....where? That does not revert when HIGH CONTRAST is deselected.

Any more ideas? If this happened to me, it will happen to someone else......

Thanks!

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Desktop Colors> Menu Text color
> (Your current settings are probably Black on Black?)
> Regards.
>
> "ItTechy" <ItTechy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Win 7 Home Prem. IE 8, all updates installed as of post date.
> >
> > When Accessibility Options, HIGH CONTRAST was chosen, which changes all
> > display settings for Windows, IE, etc., is switched back to NORMAL, IE 8
> > retains the High Contrast settings; resetting IE to default does not
> > correct
> > this, nor does system restore, all other graphics displays are normal as
> > switched except IE8.
> >
> > There has got to be a registry tweak to fix this, very irritating...any
> > help
> > is greatly appreciated.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert

"ItTechy" <ItTechy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438A24A5-CBFD-43EB-8877-454962894BF3@microsoft.com...
> Win 7 Home Prem. IE 8, all updates installed as of post date.
>
> When Accessibility Options, HIGH CONTRAST was chosen, which changes all
> display settings for Windows, IE, etc., is switched back to NORMAL, IE 8
> retains the High Contrast settings; resetting IE to default does not correct
> this, nor does system restore, all other graphics displays are normal as
> switched except IE8.
>

> There has got to be a registry tweak to fix this, very irritating...any help
> is greatly appreciated.

Maybe but not necessary IMO. Was IE open when you toggled HC off?
If not, I would toggle HC back on, open IE and then toggle HC off
before closing IE.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

ItTechy

Re: IE8 High Contrast Setting will not revert
IE was not open, like I said, this happened after enabling high contrast, and
then disableing, but IE did not revert back.

Nothing I have tried has worked, there has got to be someone who knows how
to fix this??