IE8 Web Browser control error

Bob

IE8 Web Browser control error
I have an ActiveX control that utilizes the Web Browser control to display
webpages. On PCs with IE8, sometimes the following error occurs:

An action cannot be completed because a component is not responding

I cannot reproduce the error when debugging. There are no issues on PCs with
IE7.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there a resolution?

Thanks, Bob
rob^_^

Re: IE8 Web Browser control error
On Error Resume Next

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an ActiveX control that utilizes the Web Browser control to display
> webpages. On PCs with IE8, sometimes the following error occurs:
>
> An action cannot be completed because a component is not responding
>
> I cannot reproduce the error when debugging. There are no issues on PCs
> with
> IE7.
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there a resolution?
>
> Thanks, Bob

Bob

Re: IE8 Web Browser control error
The window displaying "An action cannot ..." seems to be generated by the OS.
It has the buttons "Switch To" and "Retry". I do not believe this issue is
some sort of trappable error.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> On Error Resume Next
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have an ActiveX control that utilizes the Web Browser control to display
> > webpages. On PCs with IE8, sometimes the following error occurs:
> >
> > An action cannot be completed because a component is not responding
> >
> > I cannot reproduce the error when debugging. There are no issues on PCs
> > with
> > IE7.
> >
> > Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there a resolution?
> >
> > Thanks, Bob

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Web Browser control error
Hi Bob,

That error occurs on the InternetExplorer object not the WebBrowser control?

Private Sub OpenNewIE(ByVal sURL As String)
'Open a new IE Window and navigate the specified url
On Error Resume Next
If myWB Is Nothing Then
Set myWB = New InternetExplorer
End If
myWB.Navigate2 sURL
Do While myWB.Busy
If Err.Number Then Exit Do
Loop
myWB.Visible = True
If Err.Number > 0 Then
MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical, App.ProductName
End If
End Sub

Put a loop in it while IE is busy. Sometimes though you have to get out of
there if an Addon causes a tab crash.

Regards.

> The window displaying "An action cannot ..." seems to be generated by the
> OS.
> It has the buttons "Switch To" and "Retry". I do not believe this issue is
> some sort of trappable error.
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> On Error Resume Next
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have an ActiveX control that utilizes the Web Browser control to
>> > display
>> > webpages. On PCs with IE8, sometimes the following error occurs:
>> >
>> > An action cannot be completed because a component is not responding
>> >
>> > I cannot reproduce the error when debugging. There are no issues on PCs
>> > with
>> > IE7.
>> >
>> > Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there a resolution?
>> >
>> > Thanks, Bob

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Web Browser control error
Hi Bob,

Do you have the latest Maxthon browser installed? (or any other MSIE
browser?)

I am noticing these errors now once I have installed the latest Maxthon
update.

Regards.

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The window displaying "An action cannot ..." seems to be generated by the
> OS.
> It has the buttons "Switch To" and "Retry". I do not believe this issue is
> some sort of trappable error.
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> On Error Resume Next
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have an ActiveX control that utilizes the Web Browser control to
>> > display
>> > webpages. On PCs with IE8, sometimes the following error occurs:
>> >
>> > An action cannot be completed because a component is not responding
>> >
>> > I cannot reproduce the error when debugging. There are no issues on PCs
>> > with
>> > IE7.
>> >
>> > Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there a resolution?
>> >
>> > Thanks, Bob

Bob

Re: IE8 Web Browser control error
The issue should be associated with the WebBrowser control, not IE object.
I believe the error occurs just after Navigate2 call. For example:

Call frmMain.WebBrowser.Navigate2(sURL)

Thanks, Bob

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> That error occurs on the InternetExplorer object not the WebBrowser control?
>
> Private Sub OpenNewIE(ByVal sURL As String)
> 'Open a new IE Window and navigate the specified url
> On Error Resume Next
> If myWB Is Nothing Then
> Set myWB = New InternetExplorer
> End If
> myWB.Navigate2 sURL
> Do While myWB.Busy
> If Err.Number Then Exit Do
> Loop
> myWB.Visible = True
> If Err.Number > 0 Then
> MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical, App.ProductName
> End If
> End Sub
>
> Put a loop in it while IE is busy. Sometimes though you have to get out of
> there if an Addon causes a tab crash.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The window displaying "An action cannot ..." seems to be generated by the
> > OS.
> > It has the buttons "Switch To" and "Retry". I do not believe this issue is
> > some sort of trappable error.
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> On Error Resume Next

Bob