I. E. 8

Larry E. Norris

I. E. 8
When I.E. 8 was first offered as an update some time back, I updated to it.
I lost part of the use of my HP photosmart all in one printer which I had
just bought
a couple of months prior. I at first called H.p. as I had no idea why it was
not working properly. After trying many remedys with no success, I informed
them that I had recently downloaded I.E.8. They said that would cause the
promlem I was having and as yet they had no patch for it. What I want to
know is, Has Micro Soft corrected this problem and is it safe now to update
to I.E. 8 ?
Richard in AZ

Re: I. E. 8
The problem is not on the Microsoft end, but rather on the HP end.
If HP does not fix their compatibility problems with IE8, then you can either get a new printer or
just not install IE8.
HP frequently decides not to update some product lines to match Windows updates, even though they
know they have a problem.

"Larry E. Norris" <kalano@q.com> wrote in message
> When I.E. 8 was first offered as an update some time back, I updated to it.
> I lost part of the use of my HP photosmart all in one printer which I had
> just bought
> a couple of months prior. I at first called H.p. as I had no idea why it was
> not working properly. After trying many remedys with no success, I informed
> them that I had recently downloaded I.E.8. They said that would cause the
> promlem I was having and as yet they had no patch for it. What I want to
> know is, Has Micro Soft corrected this problem and is it safe now to update
> to I.E. 8 ?

Patrick Palczewski

Re: I. E. 8
Larry,

My HP works just fine with IE8. I'd reinstall HP's software using the
installation CD for your printer. You can also check HP's website in their
support & downloads section for an updated (newer) version of the software
suite.

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com