IE8 corrupt registry key

Pap Lou 13

IE8 corrupt registry key
I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. IE8 is my default browser. Recently I
am unable to connect website libnks contained in emails using Outlook. It
states "cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". I was advised that
there is a corrupt registry key in IE8. I was advised to "reset web sttings"
to correct this. I reset, rebooted IE BUT problem continue. Any ideas to fix
this? Thanks!!
--
Pap Lou Port St. Lucie, FL
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 corrupt registry key
Which registry key is corrupt, and in what way is it corrupt?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Pap Lou 13 wrote:
> I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. IE8 is my default browser. Recently I
> am unable to connect website libnks contained in emails using Outlook. It
> states "cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". I was advised that
> there is a corrupt registry key in IE8. I was advised to "reset web sttings"
> to correct this. I reset, rebooted IE BUT problem continue. Any ideas to fix
> this? Thanks!!

oumalou

RE: IE8 corrupt registry key
I have the same problem - switched from Vista to Windows 7 and the problem
still exists. I can only link direct to a website from gmail but not from
outlook. I have tried to reset the web settings and to copy a
"clean"registry key but nothing changes.
--
oumalou

"Pap Lou 13" wrote:

> I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. IE8 is my default browser. Recently I
> am unable to connect website libnks contained in emails using Outlook. It
> states "cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". I was advised that
> there is a corrupt registry key in IE8. I was advised to "reset web sttings"
> to correct this. I reset, rebooted IE BUT problem continue. Any ideas to fix
> this? Thanks!!
> --
> Pap Lou Port St. Lucie, FL

VanguardLH

Re: IE8 corrupt registry key
Pap Lou 13 wrote:

> IE8 is my default browser.

Which means you have OTHER web browsers installed.

From a Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"internet+explorer"+%2Bfirefox+%2B"loc ate+link+browser"

Do you have Firefox installed? Read:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ks-in-outlook/

> links contained in emails states "cancelled due to restrictions on
> this computer".

Operation canceled due to restrictions
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
Pap Lou 13

RE: IE8 corrupt registry key
Isn't this frustrating? I am still trying to resolve this. Good Luck.
--
Pap Lou Port St. Lucie, FL