Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 Installation Problem

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2009
GeoffG
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 Installation Problem
Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
Windows XP (Home) computer.

(Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and the
second installation was from the Microsoft website.)

Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the Desktop,
nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's menu
system.

I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard disc
activity to stop on this very slow computer.

IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control Panel,
so is seemingly installed.

I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was installed
in:
C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer

However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so I
was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.

I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same time,
but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
products used to be installed simultaneously.)

Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't completing
as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?

TIA
Geoff



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem

"GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message news:uyGSVg5YKHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>
> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and the
> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>
> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the Desktop,
> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's menu
> system.
>
> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard disc
> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>
> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control Panel,
> so is seemingly installed.
>
> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was installed
> in:
> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>
> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so I
> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.
>
> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same time,
> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>


> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't completing
> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?



Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components


>
> TIA
> Geoff
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2009
GeoffG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
What feature might have been disabled?

As you know, your hint brings up the list of installed
programs, which I've already examined. What are you hinting
at please?

Geoff




"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
news:uelHuF6YKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
> news:uyGSVg5YKHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
>> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>>
>> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
>> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and
>> the
>> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>>
>> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the
>> Desktop,
>> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's
>> menu
>> system.
>>
>> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard
>> disc
>> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>>
>> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control
>> Panel,
>> so is seemingly installed.
>>
>> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was
>> installed
>> in:
>> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>>
>> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so
>> I
>> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.
>>
>> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same
>> time,
>> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
>> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>>

>
>> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't
>> completing
>> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?

>
>
> Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
> Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components
>
>
>>
>> TIA
>> Geoff




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2009
Patrick Palczewski
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Geoff,

Right-click the Start button, then click "Customize" that's to the right of
"Start Menu". At the bottom is a checkbox for "Show on Start Menu", make
sure Internet is checked and Internet Explorer is the application.

The Internet Explorer application should be in C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer. If not, then search for iexplore.exe and you can right click and
Send To and select Desktop.

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com

"GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
news:#f92016YKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> What feature might have been disabled?
>
> As you know, your hint brings up the list of installed programs, which
> I've already examined. What are you hinting at please?
>
> Geoff
>
>
>
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
> news:uelHuF6YKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:uyGSVg5YKHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
>>> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>>>
>>> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
>>> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and the
>>> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>>>
>>> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the Desktop,
>>> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's menu
>>> system.
>>>
>>> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard disc
>>> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>>>
>>> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control Panel,
>>> so is seemingly installed.
>>>
>>> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was installed
>>> in:
>>> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>>>
>>> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so I
>>> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.
>>>
>>> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same time,
>>> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
>>> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>>>

>>
>>> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't completing
>>> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?

>>
>>
>> Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
>> Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components
>>
>>
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Geoff

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
(only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
environment.

=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020

=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!! =>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NB WinXP users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When
you're prepared to install IE8, double-click on the saved file.

NB Vista users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When
you're prepared to install IE8, right-click on the saved file and select
"Run as Administator.

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8. [Do NOT use
System Restore to remove/uninstall IE8; instead, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. Then use the Restore Point prior to
reinstalling IE8 per these recommendations. Norton users will need to see
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]

NB WinXP users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then go
to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any
Critical Security Updates offered (i.e., KB972260). If a Root Certificates
update is listed in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full
advantage of IE's enhanced security.

NB Vista users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then
check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security updates
offered.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application version, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender),
and your third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 before you
decide install it.

PS: Installing IE8 does not install OE8...nor does installing IE7 install
OE6.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
www.banthecheck.com


GeoffG wrote:
> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>
> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and the
> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>
> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the Desktop,
> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's menu
> system.
>
> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard disc
> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>
> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control Panel,
> so is seemingly installed.
>
> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was installed
> in:
> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>
> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so I
> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.
>
> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same time,
> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>
> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't completing
> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?
>
> TIA
> Geoff


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem

"GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message news:%23f92016YKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> What feature might have been disabled?
>
> As you know, your hint brings up the list of installed programs, which I've already examined.



But evidently not looked at with much understanding.


> What are you hinting at please?



Exactly what I wrote. On the left hand side.


>> Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
>> Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components



---


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009
GeoffG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Patrick

Very many thanks.

I checked over my friend's computer last night.

Customizing the Start button did, indeed, put Internet
Explorer on the menu system. Thanks for that.

As you said, Internet Explorer is installed in:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
but the folder doesn't contain iexplore.exe.
There is a file named iexplore.exe.mui.
As a result, I have not been able to create a shortcut on
the Windows Desktop. That'd be nice, but it's not
essential. It seems strange that the IE installer didn't
take care of creating shortcuts. I don't know if it was
because the computer was extremely slow. (Deleting 1.72 Gb
of temporary files, defragging the hard disc, and tuning for
performance, not appearance has helped.)

After some messing around, I managed to install Windows Live
(including Windows Live Mail, the replacement for Outlook
Express). I couldn't install Windows Live over the
Internet; the installation aborted prematurely, saying there
was no Internet connection - when, in fact, there was!
However, the TRY AGAIN link on the Microsoft website
downloaded a full installer (135 Mb) and this installed OK.

Thanks for taking time out to lend me a hand.
Regards
Geoff



"Patrick Palczewski" <psychiatrist@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
news:6C02130E-9C0E-494F-8E60-CF00B7646AAE@microsoft.com...
> Geoff,
>
> Right-click the Start button, then click "Customize"
> that's to the right of "Start Menu". At the bottom is a
> checkbox for "Show on Start Menu", make sure Internet is
> checked and Internet Explorer is the application.
>
> The Internet Explorer application should be in C:\Program
> Files\Internet Explorer. If not, then search for
> iexplore.exe and you can right click and Send To and
> select Desktop.
>
> --
> Patrick P.
> www.boydcomputersvcs.com
>
> "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
> news:#f92016YKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> What feature might have been disabled?
>>
>> As you know, your hint brings up the list of installed
>> programs, which I've already examined. What are you
>> hinting at please?
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in
>> message news:uelHuF6YKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>>> news:uyGSVg5YKHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
>>>> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>>>>
>>>> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
>>>> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and
>>>> the
>>>> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>>>>
>>>> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the
>>>> Desktop,
>>>> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's
>>>> menu
>>>> system.
>>>>
>>>> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard
>>>> disc
>>>> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>>>>
>>>> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control
>>>> Panel,
>>>> so is seemingly installed.
>>>>
>>>> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was
>>>> installed
>>>> in:
>>>> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>>>>
>>>> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder,
>>>> so I
>>>> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts
>>>> manually.
>>>>
>>>> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same
>>>> time,
>>>> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
>>>> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>>>>
>>>
>>>> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't
>>>> completing
>>>> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?
>>>
>>>
>>> Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
>>> Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> TIA
>>>> Geoff

>>
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009
GeoffG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
You're right.
I didn't understand - because you didn't explain.
People ask in newsgroups because they are ignorant, not
because they are stupid.
Let's hope you understand the difference.
Please don't help if you find helping so tiresome.

Geoff




"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
news:#DWM9dAZKHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nonospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23f92016YKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> What feature might have been disabled?
>>
>> As you know, your hint brings up the list of installed
>> programs, which I've already examined.

>
>
> But evidently not looked at with much understanding.
>
>
>> What are you hinting at please?

>
>
> Exactly what I wrote. On the left hand side.
>
>
>>> Because "your friend" has disabled that feature?
>>> Hint: appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Windows Components

>
>
> ---
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009
GeoffG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Robear

As usual, a comprehensive and excellent answer.
Thank you.

Thanks for the many useful tips and leads.
I shall keep them in mind if any further problems develop or
I'm faced with the same problem again in future.

Regards
Geoff



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:et4h3bAZKHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation,
> set-up and usage (only) is available via the phone based
> on your locale through 31 December 2009. Customers must be
> running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> environment.
>
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
>
> => Other locales:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>
> My personal recommendations include:
>
> => Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic
> Updates!! =>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx
>
> NB WinXP users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not
> Run it. When you're prepared to install IE8, double-click
> on the saved file.
>
> NB Vista users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not
> Run it. When you're prepared to install IE8, right-click
> on the saved file and select "Run as Administator.
>
> => Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google;
> Yahoo; Windows Live) and third-party Windows Themes before
> installing IE8.
>
> => Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a
> taskbar icon) before installing or uninstalling IE8.
>
> => I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus
> application and any anti-spyware application's "system
> protections" (other than Defender's) before installing (or
> uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
> third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and
> then enabling the Windows Firewall before installing (or
> uninstalling) an IE upgrade.
>
> => Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.
> [Do NOT use System Restore to remove/uninstall IE8;
> instead, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. Then
> use the Restore Point prior to reinstalling IE8 per these
> recommendations. Norton users will need to see
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]
>
> NB WinXP users=> Reboot twice after installing or
> uninstalling IE8, then go to
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and
> scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered
> (i.e., KB972260). If a Root Certificates update is listed
> in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full
> advantage of IE's enhanced security.
>
> NB Vista users=> Reboot twice after installing or
> uninstalling IE8, then check-in at Windows Update and
> install any critical security updates offered.
>
> => For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that
> your anti-virus application version, any anti-spyware
> applications (other than Defender), and your third-party
> firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 before you decide
> install it.
>
> PS: Installing IE8 does not install OE8...nor does
> installing IE7 install OE6.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> www.banthecheck.com
>
>
> GeoffG wrote:
>> Yesterday evening, I installed IE8 twice on a friend's
>> Windows XP (Home) computer.
>>
>> (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
>> installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and
>> the
>> second installation was from the Microsoft website.)
>>
>> Both installations did not put an IE8 icon on the
>> Desktop,
>> nor did they put entries for IE8 on the Start button's
>> menu
>> system.
>>
>> I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard
>> disc
>> activity to stop on this very slow computer.
>>
>> IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control
>> Panel,
>> so is seemingly installed.
>>
>> I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was
>> installed
>> in:
>> C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer
>>
>> However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so
>> I
>> was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.
>>
>> I also wanted to install Outlook Express at the same
>> time,
>> but OE was not installed. (I seem to recall that both
>> products used to be installed simultaneously.)
>>
>> Can anyone suggest why the IE8 installation isn't
>> completing
>> as expected. And how do I now install Outlook Express?
>>
>> TIA
>> Geoff

>


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2009
Gel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
On 13 Nov, 02:07, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No-chargesupportfor Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> environment.
>
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
>
> => Other locales:https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>
> My personal recommendations include:
>
> => InstallIE8manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!! =>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx
>
> NB WinXP users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. *When
> you're prepared to installIE8, double-click on the saved file.
>
> NB Vista users: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. *When
> you're prepared to installIE8, right-click on the saved file and select
> "Run as Administator.
>
> => Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
> and third-party Windows Themes before installingIE8.
>
> => Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
> installing or uninstallingIE8.
>
> => I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application andany
> anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
> before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. *If you're running a
> third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
> Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.
>
> => Create a Restore Point manually before installingIE8. *[Do NOT use
> System Restore to remove/uninstallIE8; instead, seehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. *Then use the Restore Point prior to
> reinstallingIE8per these recommendations. *Norton users will need to seehttp://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]
>
> NB WinXP users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstallingIE8, thengo
> tohttp://windowsupdate.microsoft.com| Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any
> Critical Security Updates offered (i.e., KB972260). *If a Root Certificates
> update is listed in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full
> advantage of IE's enhanced security.
>
> NB Vista users=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstallingIE8, then
> check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security updates
> offered.
>
> => For best chance of success withIE8, make certain that your anti-virus
> application version, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender),
> and your third-party firewall (if any) are supported inIE8*before you
> decide install it.
>
> PS: InstallingIE8doesnot install OE8...nordoesinstalling IE7 install
> OE6.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002www.banthecheck.com
>
>
>
> GeoffG wrote:
> > Yesterday evening, I installedIE8twice on a friend's
> > Windows XP (Home) computer.

>
> > (Probably doesn't make any difference but the first
> > installation was from the OneCare system tray icon and the
> > second installation was from the Microsoft website.)

>
> > Both installations did not put anIE8icon on the Desktop,
> > nor did they put entries forIE8on the Start button's menu
> > system.

>
> > I rebooted after installation and waited for all hard disc
> > activity to stop on this very slow computer.

>
> > IE is in the Add/Remove Programs listing in Control Panel,
> > so is seemingly installed.

>
> > I'm not certain, but from memory, I think IE was installed
> > in:
> > C:\Program Files\Windows Internet Explorer

>
> > However, the file iexplore.exe was not in that folder, so I
> > was unable to create desktop or menu shortcuts manually.

>
> > I also wanted to installOutlookExpressat the same time,
> > but OE was not installed. *(I seem to recall that both
> > products used to be installed simultaneously.)

>
> > Can anyone suggest why theIE8installation isn't completing
> > as expected. *And how do I now installOutlookExpress?

>
> > TIA
> > Geoff- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


On an XP SP3 pc which is running IE6 still, would replacing with
either IE7 or 8, still
allow O Express to function, as it is no longer bundled with newer
versions?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIndows7 installation: Gleiches Problem wie bei der installation von Vista ( Grafikkarte Fehlercode 43 ) Sylvio Heuser microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.installation 1 10-22-2009 18:48
FSX SP2 installation problem StoneColdChris microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 10 05-26-2009 22:25
Re-Installation Problem Alex92 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 04-20-2008 22:18
SP1 Installation Problem - 100% fix Unhappy Camper microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 03-21-2008 05:23
serious Installation problem =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbCBTZXdlbGw=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 13 03-28-2007 07:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:24.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120