Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email

Bogey Man

Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email
I have Windows 7, IE8 and Windows Live Mail (2009) and have lost the ability
to use FILE/SEND/PAGE OR LINK by email. The choices are grayed out.

Windows Live Mail is my default email handler and IE 8 is my default
browser.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

--
Ron P

Quick questions rarely have quick answers

Bogey Man

Re: Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email
Never mind, I solved my problem.

The solution was to go into Default Programs/Set Program Access and Computer
Defaults. I chose Windows Live Mail as the email program and that corrected
the problem.

Ron P

"Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows 7, IE8 and Windows Live Mail (2009) and have lost the
> ability to use FILE/SEND/PAGE OR LINK by email. The choices are grayed
> out.
>
> Windows Live Mail is my default email handler and IE 8 is my default
> browser.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> --
> Ron P
>
> Quick questions rarely have quick answers

Re: Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email
Yes, as suggested here:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2ef8b36af127a0

Bogey Man wrote:
> Never mind, I solved my problem.
>
> The solution was to go into Default Programs/Set Program Access and
> Computer
> Defaults. I chose Windows Live Mail as the email program and that
> corrected
> the problem.
>
> Ron P
>
> "Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
>> I have Windows 7, IE8 and Windows Live Mail (2009) and have lost the
>> ability to use FILE/SEND/PAGE OR LINK by email. The choices are grayed
>> out.
>>
>> Windows Live Mail is my default email handler and IE 8 is my default
>> browser.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>> --
>> Ron P
>>
>> Quick questions rarely have quick answers

laconetta

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, as suggested here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2ef8b36af127a0
>
> Bogey Man wrote:
> > Never mind, I solved my problem.
> >
> > The solution was to go into Default Programs/Set Program Access and
> > Computer
> > Defaults. I chose Windows Live Mail as the email program and that
> > corrected
> > the problem.
> >
> > Ron P
> >
> > "Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
> >> I have Windows 7, IE8 and Windows Live Mail (2009) and have lost the
> >> ability to use FILE/SEND/PAGE OR LINK by email. The choices are grayed
> >> out.
> >>
> >> Windows Live Mail is my default email handler and IE 8 is my default
> >> browser.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how to fix this?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ron P
> >>
> >> Quick questions rarely have quick answers

> .

slimshady

RE: Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email
go to control panel, enter programs, enter default programs, enter set
program access and computer defaults, enter custom and use pull down arrows,
choose internet explorer, enter live mail, fill out the rest the way you
desire. then enter ok, It worked for me.

"Bogey Man" wrote:

> I have Windows 7, IE8 and Windows Live Mail (2009) and have lost the ability
> to use FILE/SEND/PAGE OR LINK by email. The choices are grayed out.
>
> Windows Live Mail is my default email handler and IE 8 is my default
> browser.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> --
> Ron P
>
> Quick questions rarely have quick answers
>
> .

Re: Win 7 + IE8 - cannot send Link/Page by Email
[Did you bother to read any of the replies to this Nov-09 thread?]