IE 8: Suggestion for improving connectivity

Mr. Low

IE 8: Suggestion for improving connectivity
Hi,

I am living in an area that depends on 3G Broadband Wireless network.

I have a high speed modem of 1Mbps -3.6 Mbps, however the ISP can only able
to provide a speed of less than 56 kbps during peak hours.

Connecting to website is extremely difficult and frequently need to perform
Network Diagnostic procedures. The test result however always shows no
problem with the connection. There is no problem using IE8 during non peak
hours.

Can MS look into this to enable IE8 even able to overcome the tough surfing
condition during peak hours ?

Alternatively please advise me what are the possible settings to be changed
on my Web Browser to overcome this problem.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Tom Willett

Re: Suggestion for improving connectivity
Ho
"Mr. Low" <lsk2141@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi,
:
[...]
: --
: A36B58K641
:
How do you think they can increase your internet speed/connectivity via a
browser?

Dan

Re: IE 8: Suggestion for improving connectivity

"Mr. Low" <lsk2141@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am living in an area that depends on 3G Broadband Wireless network.
>
> I have a high speed modem of 1Mbps -3.6 Mbps, however the ISP can only
> able
> to provide a speed of less than 56 kbps during peak hours.
>
> Connecting to website is extremely difficult and frequently need to
> perform
> Network Diagnostic procedures. The test result however always shows no
> problem with the connection. There is no problem using IE8 during non peak
> hours.
>
> Can MS look into this to enable IE8 even able to overcome the tough
> surfing
> condition during peak hours ?
>
> Alternatively please advise me what are the possible settings to be
> changed
> on my Web Browser to overcome this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Low

This is something you should really ask your ISP. Many of them will have a
proxy service available for handling slower connections better, such as
compressing images and the HTML streams. But ultimately Tom Willet has hit
the nail on the head - what can a browser do to improve the underlying
connectivity problems? The browser merely receives the data from servers and
renders that data, it can't do anything to improve the speed at which that
data is transmitted by the ISP.

--
Dan

rob^_^

Re: IE 8: Suggestion for improving connectivity
<political quote/rant>
The proposed new wireless broadband network will increase power from 50
kilobites to 5 megabites of power.
</political quote/rant>

<sigh>Seems all your ISP has to do is increase the "Power" of their
connections to make it go faster</sigh>

Regards.