Microsoft Anti virus

Lloyd & June Switzer

Microsoft Anti virus
I have heard that Microsoft has a new free antivirus program which works
well. and is not a large program. Can someone give me its name and provide
some feedback? Have not seen any info concerning this program. June

Larry

Re: Microsoft Anti virus
Get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Larry

"Lloyd & June Switzer" <lswitzer@no spam execulink.com> wrote in message
I have heard that Microsoft has a new free antivirus program which works
well. and is not a large program. Can someone give me its name and provide
some feedback? Have not seen any info concerning this program. June

Bruce Hagen

Re: Microsoft Anti virus
Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_es...s/default.aspx

I've been running it a few weeks and all is well. The only FYI I would add
is that it only checks for updates prior to a scheduled scan, and that
option is checked, or manually checking for updates. I have mine set to do a
quick scan daily. No problems with continuing what you were doing.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Lloyd & June Switzer" <lswitzer@no spam execulink.com> wrote in message
>I have heard that Microsoft has a new free antivirus program which works
> well. and is not a large program. Can someone give me its name and provide
> some feedback? Have not seen any info concerning this program. June

Tom Lake

Re: Microsoft Anti virus

"Lloyd & June Switzer" <lswitzer@no spam execulink.com> wrote in message
> I have heard that Microsoft has a new free antivirus program which works
> well. and is not a large program. Can someone give me its name and provide
> some feedback? Have not seen any info concerning this program. June

Microsoft Security Essentials found one virus and two trojans that Avast and
Norman (not Norton!) both missed. I have uninstalled Norman and installed
Microsoft Security Essentials on all the workstations at work. It doesn't
work
on a server OS, though.

Tom Lake

Leo

Re: Microsoft Anti virus
The MSE I have does a daily download of signature updates and also checks for new updates before doing a scan.

--

LEO
The economy is so bad the Mafia is laying off judges
"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message news:%23ltWbaLYKHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_es...s/default.aspx

I've been running it a few weeks and all is well. The only FYI I would add
is that it only checks for updates prior to a scheduled scan, and that
option is checked, or manually checking for updates. I have mine set to do a
quick scan daily. No problems with continuing what you were doing.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"Lloyd & June Switzer" <lswitzer@no spam execulink.com> wrote in message
>I have heard that Microsoft has a new free antivirus program which works
> well. and is not a large program. Can someone give me its name and provide
> some feedback? Have not seen any info concerning this program. June

Lloyd & June Switzer

Re: Microsoft Anti virus
Tx for the address for the MS antivirus, and for the comments relating to
the use of the program. J.