Which One?

Zygy

Which One?
Will someone please remind me how do I find out which number IE I am using
and also please give me a link to download IE8. Thank you.

frankie

Re: Which One?
If you go to
Help, (at top)
it should say
which version.

Usually, option to
install IE8 arrives
when Microsoft
does an update.

"Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
> Will someone please remind me how do I find out which number IE I am using
> and also please give me a link to download IE8. Thank you.

Andy I.

Re: Which One?
Hi Zygy,

To find Which version of IE you're using:

In IE, Alt+H or ALT+H/A

Andy I.

"Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
: Will someone please remind me how do I find out which number IE I am using
: and also please give me a link to download IE8. Thank you.
:

RobertVA

Re: Which One?
Zygy wrote:
> Will someone please remind me how do I find out which number IE I am
> using and also please give me a link to download IE8. Thank you.

Most Windows software reports the version number in response to the
"About" option on the "Help" menu. If you have IE 7 you MIGHT need to
look in the 'Tools" menu to find a "Help" sub-menu.

Your Windows version (98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista etc) may be relevant in
determining which procedure would result in updating to IE version 8. In
Windows XP you would select the "Help and Support" option in the second
column of the task bar's "start" menu. Look for the Windows Update link
under "Pick a Task". If IE 8 has been previously hidden you might have
to click a link to show hidden updates.
Zygy

Re: Which One?
Hi, Thank you for the reply, but what happens when I install Windows 7 and
my IE8 is not working properly (as it has happened to others). where do I
get the download then? So, I want to be prepared and have a saved download
now. Where do I get it?
"RobertVA" <robert_c72athotmail@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Zygy wrote:
>> Will someone please remind me how do I find out which number IE I am
>> using and also please give me a link to download IE8. Thank you.

> Most Windows software reports the version number in response to the
> "About" option on the "Help" menu. If you have IE 7 you MIGHT need to
> look in the 'Tools" menu to find a "Help" sub-menu.
>
> Your Windows version (98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista etc) may be relevant in
> determining which procedure would result in updating to IE version 8. In
> Windows XP you would select the "Help and Support" option in the second
> column of the task bar's "start" menu. Look for the Windows Update link
> under "Pick a Task". If IE 8 has been previously hidden you might have
> to click a link to show hidden updates.

Gordon

Re: Which One?

> Hi, Thank you for the reply, but what happens when I install Windows 7 and
> my IE8 is not working properly (as it has happened to others). where do I
> get the download then?

You don't need one. Windows 7 comes with IE8 built in....