Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Web pages have ? marks not commas

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009
~*Laughingstar 2009*~
 

Posts: n/a
Web pages have ? marks not commas

With IE 7, I have just realized that there are often ? marks on web content
pages, instead of commas. Does this relate to my browser, or is it my
imagination. I use a screen reader, and they are there without the programs,
as well.

Thank you.
--
"We don't always have a choice how we get to know one another. Sometimes,
people fall into our lives cleanly—as if out of the sky, or as if there were
a direct flight from Heaven to Earth—the same sudden way we lose people, who
once seemed they would always be part of our lives." (John Irving - Last
Night in Twisted River).


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009
G. R. Woodring
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Web pages have ? marks not commas
Mismatched character encoding. Either the sites are using a character set which
is not supported by your chosen font or the content in the body of the page is
inconsistent with the charset specified in the head. Without knowing what sites
you are seeing this on it would be hard to determine what settings (or changes
to the site) might be needed.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 11/7/2009 12:41 PM, Author: ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ Wrote:
> With IE 7, I have just realized that there are often ? marks on web content
> pages, instead of commas. Does this relate to my browser, or is it my
> imagination. I use a screen reader, and they are there without the programs,
> as well.
>
> Thank you.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2009
~*Laughingstar 2009*~
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Web pages have ? marks not commas
Thank you.

Actually, I often see this in an email letter I receive weekly, as well.



G. R. Woodring wrote:
> Mismatched character encoding. Either the sites are using a
> character set which is not supported by your chosen font or the
> content in the body of the page is inconsistent with the charset
> specified in the head. Without knowing what sites you are seeing
> this on it would be hard to determine what settings (or changes to
> the site) might be needed.
>
> Date: 11/7/2009 12:41 PM, Author: ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ Wrote:
>> With IE 7, I have just realized that there are often ? marks on web
>> content pages, instead of commas. Does this relate to my browser, or
>> is it my imagination. I use a screen reader, and they are there
>> without the programs, as well.
>>
>> Thank you.



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quotation marks do not appear GEJ microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 12-03-2007 21:45
Apostrophes and speech marks in Word ShannelFlannel microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 10-16-2007 18:40
Question marks Having Problems! microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 09-01-2007 01:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120