Can't get IE to display some website correctly

tshad

Can't get IE to display some website correctly
I am having a problem running a website on my laptop. I have this problem
on both IE and FireFox - both the newest versions.

It seems to not be applying the css.

www.jquery.com looks fine at my office but at home it is just a bunch of
words with not styling at all.

I saw this in IE6 and then upgraded to IE7 and still have the same problem.
IE in both places are the same versions.

What could cause this to happen?

Other websites look fine.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Re: Can't get IE to display some website correctly
I can actually get this to work on my office computer and my clients office
computer. In both cases it redirects to http://jquery.com as it does in
mine.

But in the other office machines it loads in about 4 or 5 seconds and all
the colors and graphics are there.

On my machine, it takes about 30 seconds and then it loads the basic page no
styles.

Other pages are fine, so I know download speed is not an issue.

Thanks,

Tom

"tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem running a website on my laptop. I have this problem
>on both IE and FireFox - both the newest versions.
>
> It seems to not be applying the css.
>
> www.jquery.com looks fine at my office but at home it is just a bunch of
> words with not styling at all.
>
> I saw this in IE6 and then upgraded to IE7 and still have the same
> problem.
> IE in both places are the same versions.
>
> What could cause this to happen?
>
> Other websites look fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Re: Can't get IE to display some website correctly
Asked/Answered in WinXP General hours ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...95dc02090e3b4/

If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

> Asked/Answered in WinXP General hours ago:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...95dc02090e3b4/
>
> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Scuse me.

Your post pointed me to that web site, which is why I posted it here.

>IE-specific newsgroup:

Your pointing me to the website didn't help me at all. It just mentioned
that there may have been lots of errors on the page.

The fact that it found a bunch of errors on the site doesn't explain why the
page works on 2 of my desktops at work and not on my laptop or my desktop at
home - even after I upgrade to the latest of both IE and FireFox.

tshad wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Guess again!

> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>

> tshad wrote:
>> I am having a problem running a website on my laptop. I have this
>> problem
>> on both IE and FireFox - both the newest versions.
>>
>> It seems to not be applying the css.
>>
>> www.jquery.com looks fine at my office but at home it is just a bunch of
>> words with not styling at all.
>>
>> I saw this in IE6 and then upgraded to IE7 and still have the same
>> problem.
>> IE in both places are the same versions.
>>
>> What could cause this to happen?
>>
>> Other websites look fine.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom

Re: Can't get IE to display some website correctly
[crosspost to WinXP General]

> Your pointing me to the website didn't help me at all. It just mentioned
> that there may have been lots of errors on the page.

There *are* /lots/ of CSS errors on the page: You need to correct them for I
to display the page correctly.

References/More Help:

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx

If you need further assistance, post here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...iedevelopment/
www.banthecheck.com

tshad wrote:
> Scuse me.
>
> Your post pointed me to that web site, which is why I posted it here.
>
>> IE-specific newsgroup:

> Your pointing me to the website didn't help me at all. It just mentioned
> that there may have been lots of errors on the page.
>
> The fact that it found a bunch of errors on the site doesn't explain why
> the
> page works on 2 of my desktops at work and not on my laptop or my desktop
> at
> home - even after I upgrade to the latest of both IE and FireFox.
>
>> Asked/Answered in WinXP General hours ago:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...95dc02090e3b4/
>>
>> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please
>> cross-post
>> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>
>> tshad wrote:
>>> I am having a problem running a website on my laptop. I have this
>>> problem
>>> on both IE and FireFox - both the newest versions.
>>>
>>> It seems to not be applying the css.
>>>
>>> www.jquery.com looks fine at my office but at home it is just a bunch of
>>> words with not styling at all.
>>>
>>> I saw this in IE6 and then upgraded to IE7 and still have the same
>>> problem.
>>> IE in both places are the same versions.
>>>
>>> What could cause this to happen?
>>>
>>> Other websites look fine.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Tom

Michel Doucet

Re: Can't get IE to display some website correctly
Bonjour/soir, le Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:17:25 -0500, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> There *are* /lots/ of CSS errors on the page: You need to correct them
> for I to display the page correctly.

CSS errors ?
"The document located at <http://jquery.com/> was successfully checked
as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This means that the resource in question identified
itself as "XHTML 1.0 Strict" and that we successfully performed a formal
validation using an SGML, HTML5 and/or XML Parser(s) (depending on the
markup language used)."

This website works very well with ff on Linux

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...

> [crosspost to WinXP General]
>
>> Your pointing me to the website didn't help me at all. It just mentioned
>> that there may have been lots of errors on the page.

> There *are* /lots/ of CSS errors on the page: You need to correct them for
> I to display the page correctly.

This isn't my page??

I can't correct them.

Also, these same errors would be there at work as well but the pages work
fine there.

Why would they work at work and not on my laptop with the SAME browser?

Thanks,

Tom

> References/More Help:
>
> Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>
> Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone
> visual debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677
>
> Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
> http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx
>
> If you need further assistance, post here:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...iedevelopment/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>
> tshad wrote:
>> Scuse me.
>>
>> Your post pointed me to that web site, which is why I posted it here.
>>
>>> IE-specific newsgroup:

>> Your pointing me to the website didn't help me at all. It just mentioned
>> that there may have been lots of errors on the page.
>>
>> The fact that it found a bunch of errors on the site doesn't explain why
>> the
>> page works on 2 of my desktops at work and not on my laptop or my desktop
>> at
>> home - even after I upgrade to the latest of both IE and FireFox.
>>
>>> Asked/Answered in WinXP General hours ago:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...95dc02090e3b4/
>>>
>>> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please
>>> cross-post
>>> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Paul

tshad wrote:

> This isn't my page??
>
> I can't correct them.
>
> Also, these same errors would be there at work as well but the pages work
> fine there.
>
> Why would they work at work and not on my laptop with the SAME browser?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

You can use Wireshark, to collect a trace of all packets sent
and received by your attempt to render that page. Once you
stop the capture, you can save the trace for later. The trace
file (perhaps a .pcap) can then be reloaded later for analysis.
You may spot differences in what the client and server
do in each case. It could be a difference in a client
security setting, a difference in the client identification
information sent to the server, or some other difference
between the two setups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark

Collect traces from both machines and then compare them.

Paul
Averelll

Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:17:25 -0500, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
> caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> There *are* /lots/ of CSS errors on the page: You need to correct them
>> for I to display the page correctly.

> CSS errors ?
> "The document located at <http://jquery.com/> was successfully checked
> as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This means that the resource in question identified
> itself as "XHTML 1.0 Strict" and that we successfully performed a formal
> validation using an SGML, HTML5 and/or XML Parser(s) (depending on the
> markup language used)."
>
> This website works very well with ff on Linux

Vous n'avez pas honte de vous tripoter la nouille en public monsieur le
troll international aux oreilles d'âne ?
Robert Aldwinckle

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> wrote in message news:hd6865$tef$1@aioe.org...

> You can use Wireshark, to collect a trace of all packets sent
> and received by your attempt to render that page.

Or, easier, provided the site tolerates a proxy, Fiddler2.

> Collect traces from both machines and then compare them.

Ditto. And Fiddler's capture allows the sessions to be replayed,
so potentially you could replay a session from a problem computer
on a non-problem computer.

---