Re: my msn problem

QED: Why was PowerShell v2.0 "pushed" by Automatic Updates a few weeks ago
in the first place, especially if PowerShell v1.x wasn't installed?

cf.
http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/arc...nch-party.aspx
cf. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/psv2

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> WOW!
>
> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> Scrutinize Add/Remove Programs including updates for Windows PowerShell.
>> It
>> was offered a few weeks ago in Windows/Microsoft Updates.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv.../download.mspx
>>
>> I just removed it and rebooted. My MSN is back. Fix, or coincidence? I
>> don't
>> know and I don't care.

...winston

Re: my msn problem
Even more confusing for the peanut gallery.

I assumed Bruce was using PS on XP(based on posting with OE)

Does this mean that PS2.0 was pushed for XP via AU exclusive of Windows Management Framework Core(KB968930) when PS was either
installed/not installed ?

XPSp3 here...not a trace of PS1.0 or 2.0, nor it being offered via AU.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u3mJsBzXKHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> QED: Why was PowerShell v2.0 "pushed" by Automatic Updates a few weeks ago in the first place, especially if PowerShell v1.x
> wasn't installed?
>
> cf. http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/arc...nch-party.aspx
> cf. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/psv2
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> WOW!
>>
>> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>>> Scrutinize Add/Remove Programs including updates for Windows PowerShell.
>>> It
>>> was offered a few weeks ago in Windows/Microsoft Updates.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv.../download.mspx
>>>
>>> I just removed it and rebooted. My MSN is back. Fix, or coincidence? I
>>> don't
>>> know and I don't care.

Bruce Hagen

Re: my msn problem
AFAIK, PS has something to do with Office programs. I removed PS and in
Windows Updates & checked not show it again. My MSN was back. I had the
Standalone version of Office Word. I never used it, so I removed it and
downloaded the Word Viewer instead. Checked back at WU and PS is not hidden,
nor offered anymore.
--
~Bruce

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Even more confusing for the peanut gallery.
>
> I assumed Bruce was using PS on XP(based on posting with OE)
>
> Does this mean that PS2.0 was pushed for XP via AU exclusive of Windows
> Management Framework Core(KB968930) when PS was either installed/not
> installed ?
>
> XPSp3 here...not a trace of PS1.0 or 2.0, nor it being offered via AU.
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

>> QED: Why was PowerShell v2.0 "pushed" by Automatic Updates a few weeks
>> ago in the first place, especially if PowerShell v1.x wasn't installed?
>>
>> cf.
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/arc...nch-party.aspx
>> cf. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/psv2
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> WOW!

CDR

Re: my msn problem
I've lost My MSN again.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> AFAIK, PS has something to do with Office programs. I removed PS and in
> Windows Updates & checked not show it again. My MSN was back. I had the
> Standalone version of Office Word. I never used it, so I removed it and
> downloaded the Word Viewer instead. Checked back at WU and PS is not
> hidden, nor offered anymore.
> --
> ~Bruce
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Even more confusing for the peanut gallery.
>>
>> I assumed Bruce was using PS on XP(based on posting with OE)
>>
>> Does this mean that PS2.0 was pushed for XP via AU exclusive of Windows
>> Management Framework Core(KB968930) when PS was either installed/not
>> installed ?
>>
>> XPSp3 here...not a trace of PS1.0 or 2.0, nor it being offered via AU.
>>

>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail

>>> QED: Why was PowerShell v2.0 "pushed" by Automatic Updates a few weeks
>>> ago in the first place, especially if PowerShell v1.x wasn't installed?
>>>
>>> cf.
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/arc...nch-party.aspx
>>> cf. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/psv2

CDR

Re: my msn problem
However it still comes up on my backup computer which has IE7

"CDR" <cdr@BScomcast.net> wrote in message
> I've lost My MSN again.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> AFAIK, PS has something to do with Office programs. I removed PS and in
>> Windows Updates & checked not show it again. My MSN was back. I had the
>> Standalone version of Office Word. I never used it, so I removed it and
>> downloaded the Word Viewer instead. Checked back at WU and PS is not
>> hidden, nor offered anymore.
>> --
>> ~Bruce
>>

>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Even more confusing for the peanut gallery.
>>>
>>> I assumed Bruce was using PS on XP(based on posting with OE)
>>>
>>> Does this mean that PS2.0 was pushed for XP via AU exclusive of Windows
>>> Management Framework Core(KB968930) when PS was either installed/not
>>> installed ?
>>>
>>> XPSp3 here...not a trace of PS1.0 or 2.0, nor it being offered via AU.
>>>

>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> ms-mvp mail

...winston

Re: my msn problem
A variety of Office 03/07 here...no Power Shell..
I don't have 2010 installed..might that be the version involved.

For some reason I was under the impression that for Power Shell to function with Office(at least 2007), the Power Tools for Open
XML needed to be installed in addition to Power Shell and the Power Tools required VS2008..

As mentioned previously...confusing..

--
....winston
MS-MVP[Mail]