Problems after Downgrading IE8 to IE7 incorrectly.

VodkaRed

Problems after Downgrading IE8 to IE7 incorrectly.
My computer is now running on Windows XP SP3 and I recently uninstalled the
IE 8.

Now, I could not reinstall the IE7 as they prompt me an error saying I
already have the latest version of Internet Explorer.

I tried a system restore to the date I still has the IE8, but the current
IE8 is missing a lot of features/interface, such as the "File; Edit;View;
History; Bookmark; Help" toolbar.

After reading the relevant downgrading steps in Microsoft website, I learnt
that I must uninstall SP3 before uninstalling the IE8.

I would like to try this, but I was wondering after I uninstall SP3, there
will be no Service Pack in my system/computer.

I could not do an Automatic Update as that section in Control Panel is
unclick-able (in grey). However, my computer will do the updates while my
computer is shutting down. Thus the other alternative to get the Windows
Updates is by going to Microsoft website and download them using Internet
Explorer; which is one of the reasons why I need to restore IE so much.

and I just reformatted my computer in school on last Monday, as I do not
have a Window XP installation disc .

Therefore, how do I obtain a Service Pack after I uninstall SP3? Also, what
will be the result after the un-installation.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can advise me on this problem.

Thank you.
Don Varnau

Re: Problems after Downgrading IE8 to IE7 incorrectly.
Hi,
> IE8 is missing a lot of features/interface, such as the "File; Edit;View;
> History; Bookmark; Help" toolbar.

Did you right-click the IE toolbar and check Menu Bar? There is no History
button- it's part of the Favorites Center.

Don

"VodkaRed" <VodkaRed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is now running on Windows XP SP3 and I recently uninstalled

the
> IE 8.
>
> Now, I could not reinstall the IE7 as they prompt me an error saying I
> already have the latest version of Internet Explorer.
>
> I tried a system restore to the date I still has the IE8, but the current
> IE8 is missing a lot of features/interface, such as the "File; Edit;View;
> History; Bookmark; Help" toolbar.
>
> After reading the relevant downgrading steps in Microsoft website, I

learnt
> that I must uninstall SP3 before uninstalling the IE8.
>
> I would like to try this, but I was wondering after I uninstall SP3, there
> will be no Service Pack in my system/computer.
>
> I could not do an Automatic Update as that section in Control Panel is
> unclick-able (in grey). However, my computer will do the updates while my
> computer is shutting down. Thus the other alternative to get the Windows
> Updates is by going to Microsoft website and download them using Internet
> Explorer; which is one of the reasons why I need to restore IE so much.
>
> and I just reformatted my computer in school on last Monday, as I do not
> have a Window XP installation disc .
>
> Therefore, how do I obtain a Service Pack after I uninstall SP3? Also,

what
> will be the result after the un-installation.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if someone can advise me on this problem.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Problems after Downgrading IE8 to IE7 incorrectly.
About IE7 & IE8 and Windows XP Service Pack 3

If IE7 was installed before you installed IE8, uninstalling IE8 would have
automatically restored the computer to IE7. Are you telling us that
whatever problems you encountered in IE8 persisted in IE7 after you'd
uninstalled IE8?

If IE7 (and/or IE8) was installed before you installed SP3, you would need
to uninstall SP3 before you'd be able to uninstall/reinstall either IE
upgrade.

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
Internet Explorer is installed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b
www.banthecheck.com