Address bar - drop down flickers and nothing is shown

madeinlisboa

Address bar - drop down flickers and nothing is shown
I have this strange issue in IE8. When I click the drop down arrow on the
address bar, I see it drawing then it immediately disappears. Further clicks
on the arrow show nothing.
I launched IE without addons, reset it, checked the autocomplete settings
and nothing.
I turned suggested sites on. The dropdown worked once and then never more.
Thank you for your help
Don Varnau

Re: Address bar - drop down flickers and nothing is shown
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- Vista SP1, XP SP2 ,etc.)

In Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete, is AutoComplete enabled for the
Address Bar?

Was a third party security suite, antivirus program or firewall running when
IE8 was installed?

What third-party security programs are running?

Don

"madeinlisboa" <madeinlisboa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have this strange issue in IE8. When I click the drop down arrow on the
> address bar, I see it drawing then it immediately disappears. Further

clicks
> on the arrow show nothing.
> I launched IE without addons, reset it, checked the autocomplete settings
> and nothing.
> I turned suggested sites on. The dropdown worked once and then never more.
> Thank you for your help

PA Bear, MS MVP

On Nov 5, 12:50*pm, madeinlisboa wrote:
> I have this strange issue in IE8. When I click the drop down arrow on the
> address bar, I see it drawing then it immediately disappears. Further clicks
> on the arrow show nothing.
> I launched IE without addons, reset it, checked the autocomplete settings
> and nothing...

IE8 removed Inline AutoComplete for Address Bar
http://blogs.msdn.com/ieinternals/ar...dress-Bar.aspx
eyeresist

RE: Address bar - drop down flickers and nothing is shown
In IE8, you don't get the drop down history from the address bar unless you
turn on autocomplete (Internet Options, under the Content tab). If you don't
want autocomplete, that's tough. Thanks for this "fix", MS.