question about web pages displaying messages

Debbie Graham

question about web pages displaying messages
I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites a
pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that I'm
not using IE8 (from Microsoft)

Debbie

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
your next reply.

Debbie Graham wrote:
> I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites a
> pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
> IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that I'm
> not using IE8 (from Microsoft)
>
> Debbie

Debbie Graham

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
I'm using Win xp SP3

>I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites a
> pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
> IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that I'm
> not using IE8 (from Microsoft)
>
> Debbie

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Debbie, please reply to my posts, not yours. Thank you.

Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx

Copy the text in red at the very top of the page to your clipboard then
paste the contents of your clipboard into a reply to *this* post.
--
~PA Bear
www.banthecheck.com

Debbie Graham wrote:
> I'm using Win xp SP3

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
> Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
> your next reply.
>
> Debbie Graham wrote:
>> I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites
>> pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
>> IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that I'm
>> not using IE8 (from Microsoft)

Debbie Graham

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0b; Windows NT 6.0)

now I'm also using IE7Pro only because I use photobucket and they have
backgrounds and stuff for your pages, and they will only show up if I use
the IE7pro, is that why some webpages are saying I'm not using IE8?

Debbie

> Debbie, please reply to my posts, not yours. Thank you.
>
> Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx
>
> Copy the text in red at the very top of the page to your clipboard then
> paste the contents of your clipboard into a reply to *this* post.
> --
> ~PA Bear
> www.banthecheck.com
>
> Debbie Graham wrote:
>> I'm using Win xp SP3
>>

> <paste>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit
>> SP2;
>> Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
>> your next reply.
>>
>> Debbie Graham wrote:
>>> I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites
>>> pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
>>> IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that
>>> I'm
>>> not using IE8 (from Microsoft)

Debbie Graham

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Okay I turned off that IE7pro and went to the page you posted and got this

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR
1.1.4322; Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.3990; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET
CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR
3.5.30729; yie8)

Long UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is longer than 200 characters. This
may cause problems with some websites, which may block you from visiting,
render blank pages, or show error messages. More Information is available
about this problem and how to fix it.
Nested UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is corrupted, with two instances
of the Mozilla/4.0 token. This typically is caused by a bad registry key.
See More Information about how to find the bad PostPlatform subkey and
remove it.
Debbie

> Debbie, please reply to my posts, not yours. Thank you.
>
> Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx
>
> Copy the text in red at the very top of the page to your clipboard then
> paste the contents of your clipboard into a reply to *this* post.
> --
> ~PA Bear
> www.banthecheck.com
>
> Debbie Graham wrote:
>> I'm using Win xp SP3
>>

> <paste>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit
>> SP2;
>> Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
>> your next reply.
>>
>> Debbie Graham wrote:
>>> I have IE8 and my java and flash all updated but when I go to some sites
>>> pop up comes up saying I need IE8 to display the page right. I am USING
>>> IE8, even when I go to download some more IE8 addins it displays that
>>> I'm
>>> not using IE8 (from Microsoft)

rob^_^

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Hi Debbie,

You have some program installed on your computer that is putting the 'yie8'
in your IE UserAgent string.

Do you know what this may be?

Possibly the Yahoo branded IE8?

I could not find any useful information from a web search.

Regards.

"Debbie Graham" <jgraham1@luvscats.com> wrote in message
> Okay I turned off that IE7pro and went to the page you posted and got this
>
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0;
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR
> 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.3990; .NET CLR
> 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR
> 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; yie8)
>
> Long UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is longer than 200 characters.
> This may cause problems with some websites, which may block you from
> visiting, render blank pages, or show error messages. More Information is
> available about this problem and how to fix it.
> Nested UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is corrupted, with two instances
> of the Mozilla/4.0 token. This typically is caused by a bad registry key.
> See More Information about how to find the bad PostPlatform subkey and
> remove it.
> Debbie

>> Debbie, please reply to my posts, not yours. Thank you.
>>
>> Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx
>>
>> Copy the text in red at the very top of the page to your clipboard then
>> paste the contents of your clipboard into a reply to *this* post.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>
>> Debbie Graham wrote:
>>> I'm using Win xp SP3
>>>

>> <paste>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
>>> your next reply.

Debbie Graham

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
I fixed it, I went back to that link and click on the information, went into
the registry and removed the IE8 yahoo, then checked again, still nothing,
then I saw where it said I had 2 Mozilla/4.0 listed so I removed the one
that said compatible MSIE 6.0 and tried it again and that work!

Debbie

> Hi Debbie,
>
> You have some program installed on your computer that is putting the
> 'yie8' in your IE UserAgent string.
>
> Do you know what this may be?
>
> Possibly the Yahoo branded IE8?
>
> I could not find any useful information from a web search.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Debbie Graham" <jgraham1@luvscats.com> wrote in message
>> Okay I turned off that IE7pro and went to the page you posted and got
>> this
>>
>> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0;
>> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR
>> 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.3990; .NET
>> CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR
>> 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; yie8)
>>
>> Long UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is longer than 200 characters.
>> This may cause problems with some websites, which may block you from
>> visiting, render blank pages, or show error messages. More Information is
>> available about this problem and how to fix it.
>> Nested UA Warning: Your User-Agent string is corrupted, with two
>> instances of the Mozilla/4.0 token. This typically is caused by a bad
>> registry key. See More Information about how to find the bad PostPlatform
>> subkey and remove it.
>> Debbie

>>> Debbie, please reply to my posts, not yours. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx
>>>
>>> Copy the text in red at the very top of the page to your clipboard then
>>> paste the contents of your clipboard into a reply to *this* post.
>>> --
>>> ~PA Bear
>>> www.banthecheck.com

>>> <paste>

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Bingo!

rob^_^ wrote:
> Hi Debbie,
>
> You have some program installed on your computer that is putting the
> 'yie8'
> in your IE UserAgent string.
>
> Do you know what this may be?
>
> Possibly the Yahoo branded IE8?

Re: question about web pages displaying messages
Related:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...4-2e8a6a54b9e5