error msg. on IE8

JS

error msg. on IE8
Greetings,
Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
site.operation aborted.
It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window is
busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
Help?,please?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: error msg. on IE8
See my post of 27 Apr-09 in an earlier thread of yours:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9218b31dd38213

Does a Reset fix the behavior this time, too?
www.banthecheck.com

JS wrote:
> Greetings,
> Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
> site.operation aborted.
> It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window is
> busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
> Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
> happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
> Help?,please?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Bob

Re: error msg. on IE8

Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.

"JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
> site.operation aborted.
> It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window is
> busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
> Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
> happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
> Help?,please?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

JS

Re: error msg. on IE8
I restored to a point just before the latest update,and it behaved the
same.so I undid the restore. Now,this is weird, when I start IE from the
menu, it is very slow or does not load completly, but when I start IE by
clicking on a link in a gadget(news) it loads better. Why the difference? On
the IE from the menu, when I try to close,I get the msg. "window is
busy...etc" but when I start IE from the gadget and then try to close it,it
closes just fine. Any ideas? I havnt done anything with add-ons.

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.
>
> "JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>> Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
>> site.operation aborted.
>> It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window
>> is busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
>> Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
>> happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
>> Help?,please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim

JS

Re: error msg. on IE8
When I start with no add-ons, it still loads very slow or not at all.

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.
>
> "JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>> Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
>> site.operation aborted.
>> It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window
>> is busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
>> Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
>> happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
>> Help?,please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim

Bob

Re: error msg. on IE8
Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?

>I restored to a point just before the latest update,and it behaved the
>same.so I undid the restore. Now,this is weird, when I start IE from the
>menu, it is very slow or does not load completly, but when I start IE by
>clicking on a link in a gadget(news) it loads better. Why the difference?
>On the IE from the menu, when I try to close,I get the msg. "window is
>busy...etc" but when I start IE from the gadget and then try to close it,it
>closes just fine. Any ideas? I havnt done anything with add-ons.
>

> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.
>>
>> "JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
>>> Greetings,
>>> Using IE8 Vista, when I started IE, I got a msg.IE cannot open this
>>> site.operation aborted.
>>> It never loads. When I try to close out of IE, I get a msg. This window
>>> is busy.Closing it might cause some problems.
>>> Seems like this happened a few days ago,but did not reoccur, but now it
>>> happens everytime. I know the pc is online, cuz I can get email. Any
>>> Help?,please?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim

JS

Re: error msg. on IE8
McAfee on all, Vista SP-2

> Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?
>
> "JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
>>I restored to a point just before the latest update,and it behaved the
>>same.so I undid the restore. Now,this is weird, when I start IE from the
>>menu, it is very slow or does not load completly, but when I start IE by
>>clicking on a link in a gadget(news) it loads better. Why the difference?
>>On the IE from the menu, when I try to close,I get the msg. "window is
>>busy...etc" but when I start IE from the gadget and then try to close
>>it,it closes just fine. Any ideas? I havnt done anything with add-ons.
>>

>> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.

Bob

Re: error msg. on IE8

McAfee is known to cause problems in Vista. Sometimes they don't show up
immediately.

Replace McAfee with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or Avast
Defender.

Disabling McAfee is not enough! You need to completely uninstall it.

McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...val-Tool.shtml

> McAfee on all, Vista SP-2
>

> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?
>>
>> "JS" <sivright@nospamultravision.net> wrote in message
>>>I restored to a point just before the latest update,and it behaved the
>>>same.so I undid the restore. Now,this is weird, when I start IE from the
>>>menu, it is very slow or does not load completly, but when I start IE by
>>>clicking on a link in a gadget(news) it loads better. Why the difference?
>>>On the IE from the menu, when I try to close,I get the msg. "window is
>>>busy...etc" but when I start IE from the gadget and then try to close
>>>it,it closes just fine. Any ideas? I havnt done anything with add-ons.

rob^_^

Re: error msg. on IE8
Hi JS,

I am pretty sure my suggestion is correct. I think the issue has nothing to
do with addons.

Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, check "Automatically recover from
rendering errors with Compatibility View"

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated website lists from
Microsoft"

On which site(s) is this occurring?

Regards.