IE8 Home Page Behavior Has Changed

Russ

IE8 Home Page Behavior Has Changed
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Using both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers, my "Home Page" has, just today,
started to behave differently than it did in the past. Yesterday, there was
an IE8 Update, so it may have something to do with that.

Using Internet Options, General Tab, I have set my Home Page to open onr
page and tab 2 others. Until today, it always did that. Today, it opens only
1 page and no other tabs appear. However, if I click on the Home Page Icon,
all three tabs appear, with one page open.

I checked Internet Options and find nothing there, including the Advanced
Tab, that would have made this change. Frankly, this is a minor
inconvenience, but one that I dislike.

What happened here, why did it happen, and how can I reverse it's effects?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 Home Page Behavior Has Changed

"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE6E593D-4E5E-4EE1-9CA6-665D68FD216B@microsoft.com...
> Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
>
> Using both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers, my "Home Page" has, just today,
> started to behave differently than it did in the past. Yesterday, there was
> an IE8 Update, so it may have something to do with that.
>
> Using Internet Options, General Tab, I have set my Home Page to open onr
> page and tab 2 others. Until today, it always did that. Today, it opens only
> 1 page and no other tabs appear. However, if I click on the Home Page Icon,
> all three tabs appear, with one page open.
>
> I checked Internet Options and find nothing there, including the Advanced
> Tab, that would have made this change. Frankly, this is a minor
> inconvenience, but one that I dislike.
>
> What happened here, why did it happen, and how can I reverse it's effects?

I would try setting your tab options they way they are behaving
and then set them back to the way you prefer them to behave.
So, first check Open only the first home page (Alt-T,O,Alt-t,f)
Ok all the way out of that and perhaps even close IE too.
Then, uncheck that option. Again, you would have to Ok all the way
out of that *and* close IE to be able to test if your change had worked.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Russ

Re: IE8 Home Page Behavior Has Changed
I wasn't even aware that there was a "Tabbed Browsing" options button on the
General Tab. I guess I should have looked at the various tabs closer, but
with my failing 68 year old eyes, I'm lucky to see anything. Anyway,
resetting the tab options to default did the trick. Thanks, Robert.

Russ