Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 8 and Corrupted Seaarch Settings

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2009
Glavin Wobbly
 

Posts: n/a
IE 8 and Corrupted Seaarch Settings
I'm trying to help someone solve the corrupted search settings problem in
IE8 on an XP installation. I've Googled and Googled and have uncovered
numerous "solutions" which involve editing the registry and using the group
policy editor. Needless to say, none of those solutions work in this case
and they also don't work for most other people too.

So does anyone know of a new and effective way of solving this issue?

--
Another MacOS utter cockup, I reckon - it bloody well ought to work the
way we've tried, but it seems broken.
Rowland McDonnell on Mac - October 2, 2007
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Corrupted Seaarch Settings
Should we know what "the corrupted search settings problem" is? There's
nothing wrong with search settings on my copy of IE 8.

One of malware's many tricks is to change the default search engine and
then make it difficult to use any other search engine. Does this sound
like the problem at hand?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Glavin Wobbly wrote:
> I'm trying to help someone solve the corrupted search settings problem in
> IE8 on an XP installation. I've Googled and Googled and have uncovered
> numerous "solutions" which involve editing the registry and using the group
> policy editor. Needless to say, none of those solutions work in this case
> and they also don't work for most other people too.
>
> So does anyone know of a new and effective way of solving this issue?
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2009
Chris Holland
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Corrupted Seaarch Settings
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:59:07 -0500, Leonard Grey pondered:

> Should we know what "the corrupted search settings problem" is? There's
> nothing wrong with search settings on my copy of IE 8.


Well, lah-dee-dah. If there's nothing wrong with your search settings, then
there's no problem at all.

http://tinyurl.com/yahxsfl for people who aren't as lucky as you.

>
> One of malware's many tricks is to change the default search engine and
> then make it difficult to use any other search engine. Does this sound
> like the problem at hand?


No, not at all. Complete scan of all drives... clean.

>
> Glavin Wobbly wrote:
>> I'm trying to help someone solve the corrupted search settings problem in
>> IE8 on an XP installation. I've Googled and Googled and have uncovered
>> numerous "solutions" which involve editing the registry and using the group
>> policy editor. Needless to say, none of those solutions work in this case
>> and they also don't work for most other people too.
>>
>> So does anyone know of a new and effective way of solving this issue?
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is in C:\Documents and Settings\siegfried\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\? Siegfried Heintze microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 08-06-2009 09:07
User Settings Disappearing; Monitor Settings Unstable; Desktop Search Overtakes System; Laptops Unusable Vista User microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-06-2009 01:49
Cannot open Theme Settings, Display Settings, Screen Saver Settings, etc mitcho microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 11-13-2008 19:37
Clearing IP settings: duplicate ip settings and blank ip settings Tech_vs_Life microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-28-2007 20:37
Clearing IP settings: duplicate ip settings and blank ip settings Tech_vs_Life microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 12-17-2006 03:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120