need help, problem with game online(star wars galactic battlegroun

loganadam

need help, problem with game online(star wars galactic battlegroun
ive been having a problem with the game "star wars galactic battleground",
when i try to enter a friends ip address for a game across the
internet(tcp/ip for direct play), the game freezes, and i have to force close
it(no pun intended) with the close dialog box, and when i try to create an
online game for my friend to join in on, same thing, it freezes, ive
uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it more times than i can count with
no success. before i reinstalled my os, i didnt have this problem, what is
wrong and how can i fix it?

my OS is windows xp service pack 2
Leonard Grey

Re: need help, problem with game online(star wars galactic battlegroun
You should be at Service Pack 3.

SWGB Heaven Forums
http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

loganadam wrote:
> ive been having a problem with the game "star wars galactic battleground",
> when i try to enter a friends ip address for a game across the
> internet(tcp/ip for direct play), the game freezes, and i have to force close
> it(no pun intended) with the close dialog box, and when i try to create an
> online game for my friend to join in on, same thing, it freezes, ive
> uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it more times than i can count with
> no success. before i reinstalled my os, i didnt have this problem, what is
> wrong and how can i fix it?
>
> my OS is windows xp service pack 2

loganadam

Re: need help, problem with game online(star wars galactic battleg
i just went to service pack 3, rebooted, tried, no luck, and age of empires
is doing the same thing, it just hangs on the part where you tell it to look
for ip's or create a game, like it stops responding and i have to use the
task manager to force it closed