Problem with submit in window.onbeforeunload in a showModalDialog

Rcallant

Problem with submit in window.onbeforeunload in a showModalDialog
We have a problem with IE8 on Windows7.
The problem only occurs with IE8 on Windows7, not with IE8 on Vista.

When you have a form on a page opened in a modal dialog window, when you
execute a submit of the form on window.onbeforeunload you get a script error
"Access is Denied" and the form is not submitted.

Is this a bug in IE8 on Windows7 ?

--
Renzo Callant

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: Problem with submit in window.onbeforeunload in a showModalDialog
Hi,

Without testing your pages ourselves we cannot comment.

More than likely, your IE Security zone settings on Win7/IE8 are different
from your other IE versions test machines.

You should be targeting the 'Default' security zone settings (press the
'Default' button for each of your security zones.)

"Access Denied" errors are associated with "Local Machine Lockdown"

Regards.

"Rcallant" <Rcallant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a problem with IE8 on Windows7.
> The problem only occurs with IE8 on Windows7, not with IE8 on Vista.
>
> When you have a form on a page opened in a modal dialog window, when you
> execute a submit of the form on window.onbeforeunload you get a script
> error
> "Access is Denied" and the form is not submitted.
>
> Is this a bug in IE8 on Windows7 ?
>
> --
> Renzo Callant
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Rcallant

Re: Problem with submit in window.onbeforeunload in a showModalDia
Hi Rob,

i have narrowed the problem down to the following :

In my modal dialog windows I open a page with a frameset.
The frameset contains two .htm pages, and the bottom page contains
the form that needs to be submitted onbeforeunload.
On Vista with IE8 you do not need to specify a target for the form,
on Windows7 with IE8 you need to specify a target to avoid the access is
denied error.

Problem is that the only target possible now is "_blank", because the frameset
is closing, which results in a blank page being opened (which is normal) and
this
is not want one would want, because the submit of the form needs to happen
in background.

Is the way forms are submitted in IE8 different between the older OS
versions and Windows7 ?
Why is a submit to "_self" possible in a closing modal dialog on Vista with
IE8 and not on Windows7 with IE8 ?

Best regards

--
Renzo Callant