Virus warning

Joy

Virus warning
I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a lot
of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I do,
or know?

Peter Foldes

Re: Virus warning
Joy

You should also run all of the following (free versions)

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Peter

"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite - Online
>Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a lot of viruses.
>Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to download, but my regular
>anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm running a full sweep of my regular
>anti-virus now. What else should I do, or know?

David B.

Re: Virus warning
You should know that the notice is fake, and that a rogue AV app is trying
to infect your system, and clicking on "start protection" was the last thing
you wanted to do. This is why these things are rampant, people just trust
that what they are seeing is legit. Follow Peters advise to attempt to clean
your system.

"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I do,
>or know?

Bob

Re: Virus warning
How To Remove / Uninstall Windows Enterprise Suite Virus

http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/108...val-guide.html

"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I do,
>or know?

Joy

Re: Virus warning
Thanks, Peter,

I'll run these, and may have more questions afterwards.

> Joy
>
> You should also run all of the following (free versions)
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

> Peter

> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I
>>do, or know?

Joy

Re: Virus warning
I realize this (now), however my webroot blocked what I was trying to
download. I guess that when I realized it was probably a fake.

"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> You should know that the notice is fake, and that a rogue AV app is trying
> to infect your system, and clicking on "start protection" was the last
> thing you wanted to do. This is why these things are rampant, people just
> trust that what they are seeing is legit. Follow Peters advise to attempt
> to clean your system.

> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I
>>do, or know?

Joy

Re: Virus warning

> Joy
>
> You should also run all of the following (free versions)
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

> Peter

> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I
>>do, or know?

Joy

Re: Virus warning
Peter,

I've downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, now I'm going to download MalwareBytes.
Should I just run them, or follow the
directions in the elephantboy, etc. I went there and it looks long and
very complicated (for my 'intermediate' brain <S>), I'm going to print those
directions, but since that starts in the middle of a page, how far down
should I include?

> Joy
>
> You should also run all of the following (free versions)
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

> Peter

> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I
>>do, or know?

David B.

Re: Virus warning
I'd just run them for know and post back the results.

> Peter,
>
> I've downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, now I'm going to download MalwareBytes.
> Should I just run them, or follow the
> directions in the elephantboy, etc. I went there and it looks long and
> very complicated (for my 'intermediate' brain <S>), I'm going to print
> those directions, but since that starts in the middle of a page, how far
> down should I include?
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Joy
>>
>> You should also run all of the following (free versions)
>>
>> SuperAntiSpyware
>> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>>
>> MalwareBytes
>> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>>
>> Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

>> Peter

>> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>>I was googling a site when something called "Windows Enterprise Suite -
>>>Online Protection - Windows Internet Explorer" popped up saying I have a
>>>lot of viruses. Clicking on Start Protection, brings up some things to
>>>download, but my regular anti-virus (Webroot) is blocking those. I'm
>>>running a full sweep of my regular anti-virus now. What else should I
>>>do, or know?

Joy

Re: Virus warning
I ran the malwarebytes, using the Removal Guide in softsailor, etc.
suggested by Bob, and it not only got rid if the Windows Enterprise Suite,
but also a pop-up problem I've been having for about a month. Thanks to all
of you!