Having a problem

undisclosed

Having a problem

I am running Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS M1730

whenever I try to enter a chatroom on a discussion forum I am a member
of I get the message that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working
correctly Windows is looking for a solution" then I get another message
that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the
program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
notify you if a solution is available." I am never notified about any
solutions.

I have tried re-downloading/installing Java and shockwave player I have
also tried clearing my cookies and resetting Internet explorer. but that
doesn't help. If I try and do it in another browser like Mozilla I still
have the same problem. I know it is not a problem with the site itself
because no one else is having any problems entering chat and it worked
just fine on my other computer.

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

--
confusedashell
JIM

RE: Having a problem
I am configured just as you except I have a Dell XP 1530. I have the same
problems, but not in chat rooms, but in ANY site. I even get the dialog box
that the IE8 has stopped working when I close the IE8 or when it is not even
open.
And like you, no one has ever come up with a solution. I have re-loaded
IE8, Java, Flash player, and anything else that I could think of. I NEVER
have these problems when I am running Chrome.
I have NEVER had so many problems with any other IE explorer.

"undisclosed" wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS M1730
>
> whenever I try to enter a chatroom on a discussion forum I am a member
> of I get the message that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working
> correctly Windows is looking for a solution" then I get another message
> that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the
> program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> notify you if a solution is available." I am never notified about any
> solutions.
>
> I have tried re-downloading/installing Java and shockwave player I have
> also tried clearing my cookies and resetting Internet explorer. but that
> doesn't help. If I try and do it in another browser like Mozilla I still
> have the same problem. I know it is not a problem with the site itself
> because no one else is having any problems entering chat and it worked
> just fine on my other computer.
>
> Just wondering if anyone can help me.
>

> --
> confusedashell
> .

claidj

RE: Having a problem
This has been posted for over 2 months and no replies from Microsoft? I have
the same problem happen to me ever since I got a new computer with Windows 7
Home Premium. I am just about to the point where I am going to format the
hard drive and load Windows XP on! This happens two main times.

First I get the message as stated (or very similar) to "
"Internet Explorer has stopped working
> correctly Windows is looking for a solution" then I get another message
> that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the
> program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> notify you if a solution is available." "

This when I am browsing the web and have many tabs open at once. I don't
know WHY Windows always "looks" for a solution, since it never finds any to
the exact same problem even if it happened just a few minutes before. That
is frustrating to have Windows "look" for something that it should know
doesn't exist each time. Secondly, I have NEVER recieved any sort of
notification regarding a "solution". Should I expect 1400 e-mails one day if
and when a "solution" is found?

The other thing that happens is with my Skype program. It seems at random
times it will just stop working and Windows will inform me that "Skype has
stopped working etc. etc. etc." I have not been able to determine any
specific action or time that causes Skype to suddenly "stop working" but I'm
pretty sure it's not Skype's problem but either Windows 7 or IE 8.

It would be really nice to hear an answer for what the problem is without
someone trying to tell me it's all because of a virus or malware. First
thing I did when I got my new computer home after connecting to the internet
was to download Avast! antivirus and get it up and running then updated the
program and the iAVS.

Any help would be much appreciated!

claidj ;-)

"undisclosed" wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS M1730
>
> whenever I try to enter a chatroom on a discussion forum I am a member
> of I get the message that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working
> correctly Windows is looking for a solution" then I get another message
> that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the
> program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> notify you if a solution is available." I am never notified about any
> solutions.
>
> I have tried re-downloading/installing Java and shockwave player I have
> also tried clearing my cookies and resetting Internet explorer. but that
> doesn't help. If I try and do it in another browser like Mozilla I still
> have the same problem. I know it is not a problem with the site itself
> because no one else is having any problems entering chat and it worked
> just fine on my other computer.
>
> Just wondering if anyone can help me.
>

> --
> confusedashell
> .

Leonard Grey

Re: Having a problem
If you're looking for a reply from Microsoft, you're in the wrong place.
This is not Microsoft Support, it's a public newsgroup.

"What Is a Newsgroup?"
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-newsgroup.htm

Microsoft Support
http://support.microsoft.com/