Re: Runtime error

swishard

Re: Runtime error
I have the same issue but don't want to reinstall windows. Running with no
add ons does not solve the problem. I have as well reset the browser and
checked the items noted above. In addition I have unloaded and reloaded IE
through the control panel. No luck.

Any furtehr suggestions?

Scott

"gordonclamp" wrote:

> Hi Frank
> Thanks for the advice, in the end I wipped the whole lot off and reloaded
> windows
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:
>
> > "gordonclamp" <gordonclamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When loading int exp get runtime error in Vista
> > >
> > > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> > >
> > > Runtime Error!
> > >
> > > C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> > >
> > > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> > > unusual way
> > > Please contact the application's support team for more information
> > >

> > What if you uninstall the Google toolbar?
> >
> > What if you right click the IE icon on the desktop and choose Start Without
> > Add-ons?
> > Or go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> > Explorer (No Add-ons).
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
> > http://www.fjsmjs.com
> > Answer in newsgroup. Don't expect an answer to email.

rob^_^

Re: Runtime error
Hi S,

Assuming XP and IE8. (Please always quote your OS version and service pack
level).

Is your machine up-to-date with Windows Updates?

Have you previously installed a version of the Google toolbar? or a download
manager?

Test by running Windows in Safe Mode with networking, and then running IE8
in no-Addons mode.

If that solves the VC runtime errors then something in your Windows' startup
list (Start>Run>msconfig) is the cause. Possibly the
GoogleToolbarHelper.exe.

or

Check the vendors of any download manager software you have installed for
updates. (shellexecute hooks)

Regards.