resize window problem

bob.labonte@gdfsuezna.com

resize window problem
Some of my desktop shortcuts will not open up maximized. When they open up
they open up to a long rectangular window in the middle of the desktop.
They are about 3"wide. I have tried everything I can think of, even
dragging it to full size and holding down ctrl key and exiting. I have
windows 7 and am not sure if the snap feature has something to do with it.
I was playing around with that feature. Odd thing is that not all of my
shortcuts do it.

Any help will do.

Bob

Don Varnau

Re: resize window problem
Hi,
Try this...
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"bob.labonte@gdfsuezna.com" <rlabonte54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Some of my desktop shortcuts will not open up maximized. When they open

up
> they open up to a long rectangular window in the middle of the desktop.
> They are about 3"wide. I have tried everything I can think of, even
> dragging it to full size and holding down ctrl key and exiting. I have
> windows 7 and am not sure if the snap feature has something to do with it.
> I was playing around with that feature. Odd thing is that not all of my
> shortcuts do it.
>
> Any help will do.
>
> Bob

Re: resize window problem
Close all but one (1) IE window. "Grab" the corners of the remaining window
with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but do NOT maximize
it! Now close the resized window.

The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size to
be remembered.

Or you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/
www.banthecheck.com

bob.labonte@gdfsuezna.com wrote:
> Some of my desktop shortcuts will not open up maximized. When they open
> up
> they open up to a long rectangular window in the middle of the desktop.
> They are about 3"wide. I have tried everything I can think of, even
> dragging it to full size and holding down ctrl key and exiting. I have
> windows 7 and am not sure if the snap feature has something to do with it.
> I was playing around with that feature. Odd thing is that not all of my
> shortcuts do it.
>
> Any help will do.
>
> Bob

bob.labonte@gdfsuezna.com

Re: resize window problem
I could not get any of those to work. I did find a solution though. In
each shortcut I put "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" before
the address.............."C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
"http://www.yahoo.com" It seems to work.

Thanks for the help