always crashes when I'm at Live.com

I have IE 8 on Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches, and every time I
try to do anything, includig signing in, anywhere on Live.com it crashes
twice and finally says it can't recover.

I have to use another browser like FireFox to access anything on Live.com.

How do I fix IE 8? Thanks.

VanguardLH

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
a wrote:

> I have IE 8 on Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches, and every time I
> try to do anything, includig signing in, anywhere on Live.com it crashes
> twice and finally says it can't recover.

What happens if you load IE8 in its no add-ons mode and retest?

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
Same thing, unfortunately.

I've also uninstalled Live Sync (whose latest "update" may have caused it in
the first place) and Reset IE, also to no avail.

a wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>>
>> a wrote:
>>
>>> I have IE 8 on Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches, and every
>>> time I try to do anything, includig signing in, anywhere on
>>> Live.com it crashes twice and finally says it can't recover.

>> What happens if you load IE8 in its no add-ons mode and retest?

> Same thing, unfortunately.
>
> I've also uninstalled Live Sync (whose latest "update" may have
> caused it in the first place) and Reset IE, also to no avail.

Try rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and retest.
Could be something that interrogates the web traffic is causing the
problem and perhaps it won't load in safe mode.

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
OK, I'll give it a try.

>a wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH wrote ...

>>> What happens if you load IE8 in its no add-ons mode and retest?

>> Same thing, unfortunately.
>>
>> I've also uninstalled Live Sync (whose latest "update" may have
>> caused it in the first place) and Reset IE, also to no avail.

> Try rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and retest.
> Could be something that interrogates the web traffic is causing the
> problem and perhaps it won't load in safe mode.

rob^_^

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
Hi,

Do you have the Live toolbar installed and enabled?

Check with the Addons manager that you have enabled the "Windows Live
Sign-in Helper".

Even if you do not have the toolbar enabled, leave this "helper" addon
enabled.

Regards.

> a wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH wrote ...

>>> What happens if you load IE8 in its no add-ons mode and retest?

>> Same thing, unfortunately.
>>
>> I've also uninstalled Live Sync (whose latest "update" may have
>> caused it in the first place) and Reset IE, also to no avail.

> Try rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and retest.
> Could be something that interrogates the web traffic is causing the
> problem and perhaps it won't load in safe mode.

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live [Hotmail]
[NB: There are separate sections for IE6 and IE7 (still incorrectly titled
"Windows Explorer 7"); the IE7 section applies to IE8]
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/...708!6203.entry

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

a wrote:
> I have IE 8 on Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches, and every time
> try to do anything, includig signing in, anywhere on Live.com it crashes
> twice and finally says it can't recover.
>
> I have to use another browser like FireFox to access anything on Live.com.
>
> How do I fix IE 8? Thanks.

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
No, I don't. But I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

> Hi,
>
> Do you have the Live toolbar installed and enabled?
>
> Check with the Addons manager that you have enabled the "Windows Live
> Sign-in Helper".
>
> Even if you do not have the toolbar enabled, leave this "helper" addon
> enabled.
>
> Regards.
>
> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message
>> a wrote:
>>
>>> VanguardLH wrote ...

>>> Same thing, unfortunately.
>>>
>>> I've also uninstalled Live Sync (whose latest "update" may have
>>> caused it in the first place) and Reset IE, also to no avail.

>> Try rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and retest.
>> Could be something that interrogates the web traffic is causing the
>> problem and perhaps it won't load in safe mode.

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
Answers below:

> HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live [Hotmail]
> [NB: There are separate sections for IE6 and IE7 (still incorrectly titled
> "Windows Explorer 7"); the IE7 section applies to IE8]
> http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/...708!6203.entry

Thanks, I'll read this over.

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

Yes, that makes no difference unfortunately.

> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

Unfortunately, no difference. And resetting the browser didn't either.

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?

AVG 9, and using built in Windows Vista firewall. I've had IE 8 for several
months, so not applicable.

> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> a wrote:
>> I have IE 8 on Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches, and every time
>> try to do anything, includig signing in, anywhere on Live.com it crashes
>> twice and finally says it can't recover.
>>
>> I have to use another browser like FireFox to access anything on
>> Live.com.
>>
>> How do I fix IE 8? Thanks.

Re: always crashes when I'm at Live.com
Did you upgrade from AVG Free v8.5 to v9.0?

Is/was AVG Linkscanner, Search-Shield, Active Surf-Shield, or Security
toolbar installed?