Toolbars

ElkGroveKnez

Toolbars
Installed Google toolbar and Comcast toolbar.
Both are grayed out in view/toolbars.
I can't check them to insert.
How do I remove the grayed out toolbars?
rob^_^

Re: Toolbars
Hi Knez,

Sounds like you have a hawked install of an old version of the google
toolbar.

Assuming that you are using IE8, you should have v6 installed. (It also
depends.... google pushed a hawked version of 5x by 'automatic' update just
prior to the public release of IE8)

To fix it. Uninstall the Google Toolbar (and I think "The Google Update
Helper") from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then restart your
computer. You should then be able to load IE and see that your addons are
not grayed out.

If you like you can then download and install the latest version of the
Google toolbar from toolbar.google.com. (v6)

I am not sure about the Comcast toolbar. It is actually made by another
company (dynamictoolbars) which has just recently released new versions of
their 'branded' products, but at least earlier versions did not disable all
other IE Addons like the old version of the Google Toolbar does.

If any of your toolbars have their own popup blocker, you should turn these
off as they can conflict with the built-in popup blocker of IE.

Regards.

"ElkGroveKnez" <ElkGroveKnez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Installed Google toolbar and Comcast toolbar.
> Both are grayed out in view/toolbars.
> I can't check them to insert.
> How do I remove the grayed out toolbars?

ElkGroveKnez

Re: Toolbars
Thanks Rob:
uninstalled all add-on toolbars.
Then re-installed Comcast toolbar.
When I go to: View/Toolbars-Comcast still grayed out.
Any other ideas?
Running IE7